PDA

View Full Version : I was Humbled today

ChuckD
Thu, March 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I volunteered at the kids school to help with a field trip at the zoo today. I was standing in the gift shop and this 9-10 year old boy comes up to me. He asked "Was you in the Airborne?" I said yes. He held his hand out to shake mine. He said "Thanks for what you do, and welcome home." I was kinda shocked at the respect that this kid had. Not only with me but how he carried himself in the store, but how he was around the zoo.

88Racing
Thu, March 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Well Chuck don't know what to say about that, the only thoughts that comes to mind is all is not lost in our youth and that's great to see a kid with that kind of respect. Hopefully his respect will spread throughout his class.

Lars
:2thumbs:

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, March 12th, 2009, 10:38 PM
As Billy said after he read your post to me, "Someone's raising their kid right." :2thumbs:

secondarychaos
Fri, March 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
As Billy said after he read your post to me, "Someone's raising their kid right." :2thumbs:

:whathesaid:
And Chuck: :thanks:

johnnyd
Fri, March 13th, 2009, 10:07 PM

Exactly :2thumbs:

Jackpine
Mon, March 16th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Every time I start to think there's no hope, something like this comes along and restores my faith. Thanks, Chuck!

- Jack

Dixie Design
Mon, March 16th, 2009, 01:05 PM
That's AWESOME! Glad you shared!

secondarychaos
Mon, March 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Every time I start to think there's no hope, something like this comes along and restores my faith. Thanks, Chuck!

- Jack

:whathesaid:

muns53
Thu, March 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Airborne all the way! Love it! Love to hear about stories like this... I'm fortunate to live in a small town where veterans are appreciated, but I have many friends who do not... and are not.

Good stuff, man. :thumbs up yellow: