PDA

View Full Version : March 23: Blizzard

88Racing
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Once again mother nature throws us a curve ball. Nothern Nebraska to Rapid City shut down due to a blizzard. Mean while eastern SD is in a flood watch due to heavy rains and spring thaw from the north to the south. South central part of the state had tornados earlier. Well more t-storms predicted tonight and tomorrow!

Boy! Ain't this great all types of weather in just one state!

Lars
:yikes2:

JWBFX4
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
A blizzard :yikes2: Its been a solid 75-80 degrees here :happy sun: :giggle:

Power Hungry
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Better you than me, bud!

88Racing
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Oh, we don't have the blizzard over here! (Yet?) It's just a ton of rain with the frost still in the ground and the water with no where to go.
Some of the lakes and rivers up north still have a good foot of ice. People last week were ice fishing on them.

Bill, I talked to the weatherman and he's going to try to send the white stuff your way again.

Lars
:eek:

ChuckD
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
The kids and I was in the pool this weekend.:happy-dancing:

88Racing
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 11:07 PM

So were we Chuck. Indoors that is and it was 55-60 outside!

Lars
:thumbs up yellow:

Jackpine
Mon, March 23rd, 2009, 11:07 PM

You would rub it in, wouldn't you, Chuck! (Notice I didn't say anything about the weather in Tucson). :happy-dancing:

- Jack

Grabber523
Wed, March 25th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Once again mother nature throws us a curve ball. Nothern Nebraska to Rapid City shut down due to a blizzard. Mean while eastern SD is in a flood watch due to heavy rains and spring thaw from the north to the south. South central part of the state had tornados earlier. Well more t-storms predicted tonight and tomorrow!

Boy! Ain't this great all types of weather in just one state!

Lars
:yikes2:

Makes me miss home...(sigh)...

Although we've had a huge mess up here between the flooding and the pile of snow we got overnight, full out blizzard this morning...SNOW DAY FTW!!:redspotdance:

88Racing
Wed, March 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Grabber523

Heard North Dakota was issued a federal natural disaster area. Is it that bad up there?

Lars
:disbelief:

Grabber523
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Grabber523

Heard North Dakota was issued a federal natural disaster area. Is it that bad up there?

Lars
:disbelief:

Oh yes. If the roads aren't closed for the fresh foot of snow we just got, they're closed because there's water over them. I think the river is 40 feet above flood stage now, I think in 1997 it crested at 54 feet, so not too far to go...I hate this state so much...:cursin:

88Racing
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Grabber523

You guys can keep it up there can't you? Don't send it our way!

Lars