PDA

View Full Version : UPS Sucks

soutthpaw
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 11:32 AM
well checked on my shipment and as usual UPS has screwed it up again
I see this notification along with a rescheduled delivery date
INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY :tantrum::bangwall:

I swear that at least 25% of stuff UPS delivers to me is either Lost or damaged or delayed.... I honestly don't know how they stay in business. plus their tracking system is slow :cursin::cursin:

I use Fedex Ground and have never had a problem with a delivery or receiving a shipment via Fedex. I also find them to be cheaper than UPS....

88Racing
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Amazing!

I never have had a problem with UPS.

I have had more problems with USPS and FedEx with there signature policies. But to rate any of them, I give them all an "A".

Lars

soutthpaw
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 12:44 PM
don't ask me how but they actually lost a complete leaf spring for my last truck at their commerce CO facility... when i called them, they said only the shipper can start a search or claim and they had no way to contact that facility and get them too look for a 70ish lb 5 foot long giant black steel spring:doh: eventually got a new spring shipped but it was such a hassle.... another time they threw a new cell phone over the fence and my saint bernard ate it. . so I called and told them what happened and put a big sign on the gate saying not to throw package over fence as dog will eat it... You can guess what they did when they redelivered a replacement phone.....:bash:
:horsepoop:
:moving:UPS... I think they picked brown for a reason :pokepoop:

Ok my mopped floor is dry so back to my:maid: duties:sigh:

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM
DJ, I'm so sorry about the delay! When we first started PHP, we went with DHL, but they lost an $800 FICM, which was one of the first things we ever shipped with them. FedEx won't put us on a daily route because we work out of our home, and we're not "in town." We've gone with UPS because they WILL come by every day, and 95 times out of 100, they're okay. We DO NOT use them to ship to Canada because their "brokerage fees" are ridiculous!

BTW, I only had one gray hat and three black hats, but I've ordered more, and they should be here in a couple of weeks if you're interested down the road. :)

JWBFX4
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 01:48 PM
UPS has been pretty good to me, usually a little late but its all in one piece. Fed-ex on the other hand...not so good. I had order something from a company and it took about 8 business days, the box should have been about 2 inches thick but when I got it, it was completely flat, broken into a bunch of pieces :cursin: The worse part about it was this happen 3 times :censored1: But luckily I had enough parts from from 3 shipments to make one product :thumbsdwn:

jimmyv13
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I've had nothing but good luck with UPS.

soutthpaw
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Fedex Ground has always been good for me. However, when I was wrenching at John Deere, our smaller tractors got delivered via Fedex Freight. I think every other tractor that they delivered was damages... usually the plastic fenders or hood were broken or cracked some place. Boy gotta love those new fangled plastic tractors....

jerry edwards
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
UPS has been pretty good to me, usually a little late but its all in one piece. Fed-ex on the other hand...not so good. I had order something from a company and it took about 8 business days, the box should have been about 2 inches thick but when I got it, it was completely flat, broken into a bunch of pieces :cursin: The worse part about it was this happen 3 times :censored1: But luckily I had enough parts from from 3 shipments to make one product :thumbsdwn:

I have used USPS and UPS and have had no complaints so far!

88Racing
Tue, March 24th, 2009, 11:37 PM
don't ask me how but they actually lost a complete leaf spring for my last truck at their commerce CO facility... when i called them, they said only the shipper can start a search or claim and they had no way to contact that facility and get them too look for a 70ish lb 5 foot long giant black steel spring:doh: eventually got a new spring shipped but it was such a hassle.... another time they threw a new cell phone over the fence and my saint bernard ate it. . so I called and told them what happened and put a big sign on the gate saying not to throw package over fence as dog will eat it... You can guess what they did when they redelivered a replacement phone.....:bash:
:horsepoop:
:moving:UPS... I think they picked brown for a reason :pokepoop:

Ok my mopped floor is dry so back to my:maid: duties:sigh:

Maybe the UPS guy broke one and used yours to fix it. :smiley_roll1:

Lars

average-joe
Wed, March 25th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I've had one problem with UPS,tracked a shipment,waited in all day and nothing came.
I checked the web site and it said" returned to sender" so i called UPS only to be told by girl that my address does not exist to which i started to laugh at her,she asked me "what was so funny", i'm calling you from the non existant address.....her reply "oh ,we have a problem".
Since then i've been UPS trouble free.

jimmyv13
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I hope it doesn't suck for me this time....they have my Gryphon on the way!!!!!

Dixie Design
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I've had good and bad luck with every carrier.

I work next door to the UPS dist. center in my town. When I have something being delivered to my house during the week that requires a signature, our driver comes by the office on his way back in and drops it off with me :)

USPS is usually pretty good, they damaged a computer one time that was coming to me, was a $3000 computer I snagged for $1200 on ebay, their policy for damaged goods, they keep it. Had $2000 worth of good parts in it so I had to eat the damaged shell or turn over my bargain to them.

DHL is the WORST!!!! Recently had something shipped DHL to me, was coming from Tennessee, passed through my town twice before they finally handed it over to the USPS for final delivery. I live maybe 6 hours from where it was shipped from, took 8 days to get here.

88Racing
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
The first post of mine in this thread is being pretty nice to ups, fedex, and usps.
The ones that I have had the most problems with have been the freight haulers.
Ordered and got a 302 Ford Racing long block shipped to me once. Well it came damage! The shipping center where it transfered trucks and where the motor was loaded onto the delivery truck had accidently stabbed it with a forklift. They tried to cover the holes up with cardboard and tape!!! The forklift hit the aluminum block and punched a hole in it. Good thing I got the insurance on it. Without the insurance might have been tougher battle. Made $1500 on the damage and got a replacement.
I also had paid extra for unloading since at the house I didn't have anyway to get it out of the trailer. The driver shows up and tells me its tailgate only! I said "BS!". The driver showed me his paperwork and sure enough it wasn't on there. Went down the street and paid a construction guy to unload it with a boom lift. 6 months after everything was settled I got reimbursed for the extra I paid for the unloading.
When the next one came, it was like I was being waited on and it was a whole different attitude.
There also have been other cases where they deny damages until you complain enough and finally you talk to the right people.

Lars

soutthpaw
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
:snowed under::snowed under::snowedin::snowflake::brrr::bouncy snowman:
Just my Luck, UPS now cancelled my delivery today due the the stupid snowstorm we r having here....
:cursin:

88Racing
Thu, March 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
:snowed under::snowed under::snowedin::snowflake::brrr::bouncy snowman:
Just my Luck, UPS now cancelled my delivery today due the the stupid snowstorm we r having here....
:cursin:

Heard from our friends in Denver today that a lot stuff is shut down out that way.

Sorry to hear about ups shutting down. :sadface:

Lars
:nonod:

soutthpaw
Fri, March 27th, 2009, 08:17 PM
:happy-dancing: Finally got my Minotaur pkg today.. Hopefully the thunderstorms will pass and Corey can get back on the computer with my registration code