PDA

View Full Version : DEXTER

Corey Cohron RIP
Sun, December 14th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Does anyone else out there watch Dexter, and did you see it tonight?!? That's the one show where Bill and I walk away from the office for an hour -- no matter what.

It was so freakin' GOOD tonight! Now we have to wait until 2009. :weeping: Damn.

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, December 16th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Out of 54 other members, Bill and I are the ONLY ones who watch Dexter :tv:? Aw, guys, you don't know what you're missing!

And I had such high hopes for this forum...

:hehe:

johnnyd
Tue, December 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry, never seen it :zzz:

Northern Supercrew
Tue, December 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
^^^^^^X2. heard of it....but never seen.

Power Hungry
Tue, December 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM
All I can say is that Dexter is our "Sopranos". It is very well written and the actors are superb, although the subject matter is rather dark.

I think the reason we find it intriguing is that on some level it is refreshing to see some degree of real justice, even if it is at the hands of a "serial killer". Of course, it's not the type of action I could ever condone but part of me believes that if we had a little more of the "Let the punishment fit the crime" type of justice, then there might be less crime.

I guess the question is whether locking a person in a cage is any less barbaric than cutting off a hand for stealing. I know if I lost my hand, I'd REALLY THINK TWICE before I did it again. :yesnod: Prison? Three hots and a cot for a year. Where's the punishment? :shrug: Maybe it's the gang rape. :yikes2:

Anyway, just thinking out loud here.

Jeremy
Tue, January 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Dexter is Awesome!!!! The Wife and I are addicted to it, I bought both season 1 and 2 DVD's and every person @ work that I loan the DVD's to is an instant fan.

I don't have Showtime so I'll have to wait for the DVD's...I did see the first episode of Season 3....and all I can say is its gonna be a long summer/fall until I can watch the rest on DVD. :cry:

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, January 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM
:omg: Season Two was NOTHING compared to Season Three! You're gonna :love: it! You'll have to tell us when you've seen it so we can just sit around and talk about it :hangingout:

ChuckD
Wed, January 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I dont even have cable :sigh:

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, January 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Dexter is Awesome!!!! The Wife and I are addicted to it, I bought both season 1 and 2 DVD's and every person @ work that I loan the DVD's to is an instant fan.

I don't have Showtime so I'll have to wait for the DVD's...I did see the first episode of Season 3....and all I can say is its gonna be a long summer/fall until I can watch the rest on DVD. :cry:

Jay over at Edge had the Season One DVDs in 2007 or early 2008, and when Bill was there doing some testing, he got Bill hooked. Bill came home, bought the Season One DVD set, and then I was hooked. We watched all of Season Two and also bought the DVD set, and we watched Season Three religiously (and DVR'd it, too!). Can't wait to buy the Season Three DVD set! Did you know that Michael Hall (Dexter) and his on-screen sister are married? We just found that out recently... must be weird watching your husband kissing his "girlfriend" at work. :hehe:

bbbxcursion
Wed, January 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I got hooked on 'Nip Tuck' over the holidays. Once I arrived back in Phoenix, I bought all the seasons on DVD. I already watched them. AWSOME show! Never saw 'Dexter' though. If I got hooked, I'd lock myself in the house again just watching all the episodes.

Jeremy
Thu, January 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Did you know that Michael Hall (Dexter) and his on-screen sister are married? We just found that out recently... must be weird watching your husband kissing his "girlfriend" at work. :hehe:

No kidding, Micheal C. Hall is married to Jennifer Carpenter....huh that would be weird. Her part as his sister Deb is great...such a sailor with that mouth!!!

Corey Cohron RIP
Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Have you read the book, Jeremy?

Jeremy
Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Have you read the book, Jeremy?

No...is it worth the read??? How well is the show following the book?

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, February 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
It's AWESOME. I don't think I would have liked it as much if I hadn't seen the show because when I read it, I was able to hear Michael C. Hall's voice during the internal dialogue parts. :thumbsup: The book follows Season One. There are some parts that are exactly like the series -- dialogue and everything -- but there are some differences, too, which kind of makes things interesting. It's the basic same story, though, about the ice truck killer.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. :drool2: So good.

88Racing
Sat, February 14th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Watched seasons 1+2 missing out on 3 don't have sho-time.

Loved the show have to get season 3 on DVD

From what I remember about the show Dexter seems to be the one with the level head. At least his actions have justification. The rest of them besides his sister are all on nutty power trips, the bipolar expresses, and psycological disorders.

Lars

Jeremy
Fri, August 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Season 3 is out on DVD :happy-dancing: gonna be a long weekend....:thumbs up yellow:

sam8
Fri, August 21st, 2009, 08:05 PM
I will have to get the book. No Showtime here, either.
HBO, but that is it.

Power Hungry
Fri, August 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
I am so stoked about the new season! John Lithgow!!! :2thumbs: Gonna hate having to wait every week to see what happens. :P

Jeremy
Mon, December 21st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Well without giving anything away.....how was season 4?:2thumbs: or :thumbsdwn:

Power Hungry
Tue, December 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Season 4 was undoubtedly the best one ever. You still need to be up on 1 through 3 as there's a lot of continuity between the seasons, but John Lithgow's performance is stellar!

majek5
Wed, December 23rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Never heard of it. What network is it on?

88Racing
Wed, December 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Never heard of it. What network is it on?

Showtime.

cartmanea
Thu, December 24th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Awesome show, probably my favorite at the moment. I've watched seasons 1-3 since summer and am finishing up 4 now. I don't get Showtime, but am able to download them. I'm going to hate waiting for season 5...

Jeremy
Fri, December 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Where r us downloading them from?? I don't wanna wait for the DVD in August..

cartmanea
Fri, December 25th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I found them on bittorrents, 720p quality :)

88Racing
Fri, December 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I found them on bittorrents, 720p quality :)

Got a link?

cartmanea
Fri, December 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I don't still have a link, but do a search on mininova or some other torrent sites and you should be able to find them.

cartmanea
Tue, December 29th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Just watched the Season 4 finale... :cursin: :crazy: :censored1: :sigh:

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, December 29th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I heard that Julie Benz (Rita) had said earlier in the season that viewers were either going to love or hate the finale -- no middle ground. I can't decide. I think it's kind of trite for such incredible writers to use that parallel. (I am trying SO hard not to give it away!) Everyone needs to see it so we can TALK about it!

:hangingout:

Best show on t.v. -- hands down! The acting and writing are SUPERB!

Jeremy
Wed, December 30th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Ha.... :happy-dancing: I found all of them on movie2k.com Seasons 1 thru 4. I'm on ep#3 right now...but my wife says I have to stop watching until she catches up... :whistle1: :censored1:

Corey Cohron RIP
Thu, December 31st, 2009, 06:30 PM
Sneak them in, Jeremy and just feign incredulity! :evillol: It was so hard to wait week to week!

Jeremy
Sat, January 23rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
OMG....W.T.Flip? Wow, what an ending to season 4. I do agree with Bill, they rushed it, it needs more than 12 episodes.

At least they finally recognised MCH's talent at the golden globes. :cheesy smile: Mr. Lithgow did agreat job too....just plain creepy :notallthere:

Anyone see MCH in Gamer yet?

ROB281
Tue, February 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I love Dexter, but watching him in Gamer was just weird to me

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, March 3rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
We bought Gamer because it has two of my favorite men in it -- Gerard Butler and Michael C. Hall. I didn't think much of the movie itself, but MCH was awesome as "the bad guy." Very Dexter-ish with a touch of humor. In the DVD extras, I found out that the role was actually written with him in mind!

BTW, did you hear that MCH has non-Hodgkins lymphoma? (Bill and I made that call when we saw him on the Golden Globes and were sorry to find out we were right.) Everything I hear says that he's beating it, though! :happy-dancing:

Jeremy
Mon, August 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Season 4 is out on DVD....season five starts in....33 days :happy-dancing:

a little sneak peak...
YouTube - Dexter Season 5 Trailer (Comic Con) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE&feature=channel)

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, August 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I received my Blue Ray DVD set of Season 4 in the mail today. :cheesy smile:

Diesel Rookie
Fri, August 27th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I know I am a little late on this forum but I found Dexter on Netflix after a freind recomended it. I am almost through season one and it is great. Reading all the posts makes me want to subscribe to the 4 DVD setup for netflix. It is a very intriguing show but creepy at the same time.

Corey Cohron RIP
Sat, August 28th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Bill saw Season One on DVD when he was out at Edge a few years ago and suggested it to me. A serial killer? No thanks!

However, I eventually gave in, and we bought season one. I was hooked!

John Lithgow just won the Emmy (they give some before Emmy night) for guest appearing on Season 4, which is -- by far! -- my favorite. Season 2 was the only one that was just okay to me.

Enjoy!

Jeremy
Fri, November 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM
How is season 5 going??? I hope its good but my guess is it will go down hill alittle. The last season will be hard to follow.

Power Hungry
Sat, November 13th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Season 5 is going really well. Hard to beat season 4, but this one definitely has some twists.

Corey Cohron RIP
Tue, December 7th, 2010, 12:50 PM
:cursin: Only one more episode left of Season 5!

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, December 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Michael C. Hall Christmas Song (12/7/10) - Video - NBC.com (http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/michael-c.-hall-christmas-song-12-7-10/1263973)