PDA

View Full Version : More Snow!

88Racing
Fri, April 3rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Yes, we in SD are going to be in for more snow and rain starting on Saturday.

Hopefully the weather guys get it wrong again.

Lars
:doh:

Jackpine
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Ever think of moving south, Lars? :giggle:

I ask my Sister, in the Colorado Springs area, the same question. She just ignores me. :crazy:

- Jack

JWBFX4
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Well our 75+ degree weather :whistle1: has been netting us some severe weather down here the past couple of weeks:sigh: Looks like we got another batch coming in on Sunday. Hopefully it will hold off since the Blue Angels will be performing a show this weekend. Good luck with all that snow.

I should add that we are getting a cold front and will be going down to freezing again monday :censored1:

ChuckD
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 01:29 AM
It was pretty windy here today, but I was out riding the Harley. I had to make 3k on the odometer. Plus I have to take to a show tomorrow, going to be in the upper 70's.

soutthpaw
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM
We r getting more :snowed under::snowing outside::bouncy snowman: here today too but that's great for :ski:... went last weekend and it was great. hopefully this late winter will extend the :ski: season a few weeks..

88Racing
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Well the snow has started!

But I am not there!

I am approx 240 miles away at a continuing ed class. Looks like I get to drive back through it!

Lars

DarrenWS6
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I hate snow. Sure hope it stays away from here until December.

88Racing
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 06:59 PM
100 miles left to go at 700pm central and ran into silver dollar size snowflakes!
Wow those could put an eye out, mini snowballs.

Lars

way2qk4u2c
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Snow is great lol...thats why we have 4x4 trucks lol

After snow is gone and summer comes- its time to take the bikes out so i get the best of bother worlds. lol

88Racing
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
The last 60 miles were at 30-40 mph!
3-4" of slushy rutty $hit!!!!!
Watched those awds + fwds drop into the ditch like snakes!
4x4 was great but it's the other idiots you'd better look out for!
I almost went in once!
My yearly defensive driving certification really came in useful today!

Lars
:yikes2:

ChuckD
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Glad you made it back safe.

soutthpaw
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
The last 60 miles were at 30-40 mph!
3-4" of slushy rutty $hit!!!!!
Watched those awds + fwds drop into the ditch like snakes!
4x4 was great but it's the other idiots you'd better look out for!
I almost went in once!
My yearly defensive driving certification really came in useful today!

Lars
:yikes2:

On snow, Ice or Slush highways, my A6 Quattro with studded snows will run circles around My Ex with AT's on it... At least till I get studded snows and extra rims for the X along with front and rear lockers heh... Plus the quattro awd system is hands down the best AWD system on the market but the new 09 Subies all have the TCS added in so they should perform like the Audi's now

Pretty much all of the other AWD systems are crap...

And all those studdless tires cannot even come close to studded tires on ice

88Racing
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Made it back safe and I guess posted a little frustration on here.

Its just amazing that people drive the way they do in crappy weather.

No arguments soutthpaw on audi or bmw awd systems. The studded tires are good for ice but a good winter tire still can be more economical also but just don't run them all year round then their benefits defeat the costs.

No it was just funny to see the people pass you and the other people in the group of vehicles(the caravan). About a mile later you would see them in the ditch.
Lars