PDA

View Full Version : Any Blackberry users?

soutthpaw
Sat, April 4th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Well as my T-mobile Sidekick 3 is on its last legs I decided to go ahead and order a Blackberry Curve from Sprint....
Just looking for suggestions on good apps...
I don't need any music, sound or telephone apps, but interested in any others (paid or freeware) if anyone has suggestions for good or useful apps or apps to avoid that totally suck :moon::barts butt::thumbs up yellow:

Caforddude
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I had a blackberry but do not currently have one but am thinking about making the switch back to the Storm with Verizon.

As far as I am concerned Crackberry is the best source for everything blackberry.
http://crackberry.com/

I have heard nothing but good things about the curve. referred to as blackberry's powerhouse phone.

phatbak
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 08:12 AM
If you do get a blackberry, just make sure you back up your contacts, and all other information regularly, I use MS Outlook to sync.

My Curve crashes about once a month, my buddies Storm crashes alot more often than that.

way2qk4u2c
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I love my blackberry

I have the blackberry pearl with wifi (free calling)

Most important thing is never take pics and save them to phone memory- always save it to your external memory card. Blackberry's need alot of memory to run right and if you run low- itll automatically start erasing things to free up space. Your texts/call log/email will all slowly get erased.

Mine has never crashed since i got it and i have had mine for a year.

Very solid phone IMO.

Yes always keep your phone backed up and synced with outlook or something to that of nature?

Sburn
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Blackberry Bold here, AT&T, had it about a month now.

Best paid app I've seen so far is iCallManager. Lets me choose to receive calls from only numbers in my phone book, or to take calls from only certain numbers, or to not take calls from unknown/blocked numbers. So if I haven't chosen to takes calls as above, the calls just get routed to voicemail without the phone ringing.

Best free app is Beyond411, which is a yellow pages/white pages/google search all in one.

Only problem I've had with the phone itself is rebooting because of a loose battery. Fixed by wedging a little folded piece of paper on top of the battery.

kokopellimotorsports
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I like my Blackberry curve. It sometimes freezes, but a simple remove the batt. and it resets. The track ball likes to stick. Other than that I love it.

Ty

88Racing
Sun, April 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Love my alltel 8330 curve. Except the one major downfall is my job and its trackball don't mix. Trackball uses magnetic rollers to move the cursor around. Metal filings love those magnets and the ball itself does not like greasy oily dirty thumbs.
Lots of powerful preloaded software some is trial only and some permament. I loaded google mobile on mine and put in a 8gig card. I do most of my posting with the phone and keeping track of things on php.
Oh yah the curve does not have wifi or built in gps to use with map apps.
I would be willing to try the storm.

Lars

Desert Racer
Mon, April 6th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I have a blackberry curve and it is a tough phone for one! Dropped a few times and still takes a ticking. Other than it freeze's and the ball sticks from time to time, better than my envy thats for sure.

soutthpaw
Wed, April 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Got my Blackberry Curve..... Like it so far. Had to go to Sprint store twice to get phone number changed over and operating properly but no problems now. Also got the Body Glove hard case for it... Very nice case, i give it :2thumbs: and it has hard plastic over the screen.. which will be a lifesaver the way it will get hauled around... $20 from verizon website inc. overnight delivery... Phone is actually on Sprint though..
Not sure what the difference is between the 2 mapping programs though has Sprint navigation and BB maps..

soutthpaw
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Well I have been cruizin the net looking at more blackberry info.. It struck me as Funny that almost all the sites list Blackberry Farting Apps as one of the most popular downloads... :giggle::smiley_roll1:

Maybe we need a Farting Tune as well :hehe:

88Racing
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I know some people think blackberrys stink but now they are willing to make them sound bad too. Who would of thought farting apps to be so popular. Wonder if Corey has a farting smilie?

Lars

04FX4
Sun, April 12th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I love my Blackberry. I like the crackberry web site lots of info there.