PDA

View Full Version : While the rest of you are freezing

ChuckD
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I have been keeping myself occupied with this.:giggle:

ChuckD
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:03 PM
A few more. I hate bugs so I got to clean it all the time.

88Racing
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Oh yah!

Nice sportster!
BTW nice heavy breather intake!

I have been out on mine but getting a little sick of dressing in layers and chaps. Have to watchout for the winter gravel/sand also. Soon it will be summer and hot and humid and bugs. Take it or leave it that's South Dakota for you!

Lars

88Racing
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Here is some pics of mine.
Sorry they are dark.

Lars

ChuckD
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Nice, now get out there and clean it. Mine will be punched to an 88 next year. And yet still pay insurance on an 883;)

88Racing
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Started to customize and mod that one right out of the crate in 07!
Took it from a 96 to 103 with cams. Last year replaced heads with ported ones and even added a heavier cam. Changed out the pistons and push rods also The most improvement came from the hd race tuner and klock werks double back header pipes along with vance and Hines mufflers. This winter had the intake ported and the tb bored out. Would like to do a rear tire 180 kit but $2500 is a chunk of cash right now.

Lars:2thumbs:

Jackpine
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:39 PM
This is a bit of a hijack, but did either of you see the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian", with Anthony Hopkins? If you haven't, it's an absolute "MUST SEE".

- Jack

88Racing
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry Jack

I think I have seen parts of it but not all of it from start to finish.
I have found some old home movies in my dad's closet of my grand father racing an indian and riding a harley back in the late 30's and early 40's. My uncle is the one to thank for wrecking the harley in the late 50's when he snuck it out for a hot date and got into the accident sneeking it back home.

Lars:doh:

Jackpine
Thu, April 9th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Sorry Jack

I think I have seen parts of it but not all of it from start to finish.
I have found some old home movies in my dad's closet of my grand father racing an indian and riding a harley back in the late 30's and early 40's. My uncle is the one to thank for wrecking the harley in the late 50's when he snuck it out for a hot date and got into the accident sneeking it back home.

Lars:doh:

Lars, et all -

This is a very recent movie, maybe two years old? It's a dramatization of Burt Munro's visit to the US to set a speed record on a streamlined motorcycle at the Salt Flats in Utah. It's something you would not forget if you saw it, especially if you love bikes.

Burt Munro was a New Zealander (a Kiwi), and since Janet is also a Kiwi, the story was even more interesting to me.

- Jack

88Racing
Fri, April 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I am so sorry Jack for mix up in movies. I better start learning to clear my head of any thoughts. The movie I had a brain fart over was "on any sunday" featuring steve mcqueen. 1971 vintage.

Lars

04FX4
Sun, April 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Sweet Bike, nice and shiny.