PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know you could do that!

88Racing
Tue, April 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
About 15 minutes ago I passed a dodge neon. It was a sardine can with windows! 4 oversized adults in the front, 4 oversized adults in the back and just wait I am not done yet. People in the back were holding a collie and a german shepard. There's more yet 7 cats in the back window and a yorkie. I backed off when I was passing to do a double take.
Maybe I should have posted this in stupid human tricks? Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

I know times are tight but those people in that neon were really tight!

Lars

Jackpine
Tue, April 21st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Really? True? A genuine "clown car" on the highway? :smiley_roll1:

- Jack

88Racing
Tue, April 21st, 2009, 08:56 PM
I am trying to remember the guiness world record for the most people in a vw bug. Its either 17 or 22 but they weren't driving it either.

Lars

88Racing
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Oh here is another one I get to see every once in awhile. Out here in SD we have some religious colonies they are mostly in eastern SD and other surrounding states have them also. They are similar in their practices, almost like the Amish except they believe in modern ag processing equipment and power tools and so on. They are Hudderites and Mennonites. A wonderful community trying to keep their German traditions alive.

When they go shopping they just don't hop in the car, they hop in a grain hauling farm truck with a tarp over the back and usually 4 people in the cab(elder men) and the rest in the back 15-30(women and children).

Lars

dplummer87
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
I see that all the damn time around here...Going to walmart is an entire family outing for the "culture" around here...There are usually 5-9 per "pack" per vehicle.

88Racing
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
I see that all the damn time around here...Going to walmart is an entire family outing for the "culture" around here...There are usually 5-9 per "pack" per vehicle.

Wally World that's their favorite around here too!
Then it's Shopko, Kmart, and farm stores.
The women love the fabric departments.
The kids find the candy aisle.
The elders look at tools.

Lars:thumbs up yellow:

Jackpine
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
Oh here is another one I get to see every once in awhile. Out here in SD we have some religious colonies they are mostly in eastern SD and other surrounding states have them also. They are similar in their practices, almost like the Amish except they believe in modern ag processing equipment and power tools and so on. They are Hudderites and Mennonites. A wonderful community trying to keep their German traditions alive.

When they go shopping they just don't hop in the car, they hop in a grain hauling farm truck with a tarp over the back and usually 4 people in the cab(elder men) and the rest in the back 15-30(women and children).

Lars

Have to keep them women in their place, right? In all seriousness though, they're good folks and hard, hard workers!

- Jack

88Racing
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Have to keep them women in their place, right? In all seriousness though, they're good folks and hard, hard workers!

- Jack

There's more!

If and when they go out and eat they usually go to a bar/resteraunt. The elders will position themselves so that they can watch tv and eat, meanwhile the women don't look around at all(mostly at their food or husband) and no kids are present.
Yes, the elders put their women in their place.

Lars:doh: