PDA

View Full Version : GM?

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
We just heard on the news that GM is closing its doors for nine weeks this summer... (maybe they're really busy too and need time to get caught up! :))

AND filing for bankruptcy. Dang.

88Racing
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Maybe they need that time to straighten out their bow ties!:smiley_roll1:

Lars

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, April 22nd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Or to polish their private :plane: :hehe:

cleatus12r
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 06:52 AM
Since I have a really hard time being totally serious about anything......

They filed for bankruptcy because they paid me too much for warranty claims on intermediate steering shafts and transmission oil cooler lines.

dplummer87
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Since I have a really hard time being totally serious about anything......

They filed for bankruptcy because they paid me too much for warranty claims on intermediate steering shafts and transmission oil cooler lines.

:smiley_roll1: i like this guy...But they could turn around and say the same thing about the windshield cowel thingy..(driver side plastic piece right below the windshield...im too lazy to take mine in to get it fixed)

Any news on what chapter their gonna file under?

Jackpine
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 10:56 AM
I didn't think they'd really gotten to bankruptcy yet. I've heard that the Government MAY allow Chrysler to fail, since it is comparatively small, as a way to "force" the Unions and management at GM to get serious with each other.

Isn't the "shutdown" sort of a cost saving measure? "Vacation" without pay?

- Jack

88Racing
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Have you guys noticed how they have really cut back on their events sponserships. Even commercials. Except for the rally hat one.

Lars

dplummer87
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
I didn't think they'd really gotten to bankruptcy yet. I've heard that the Government MAY allow Chrysler to fail, since it is comparatively small, as a way to "force" the Unions and management at GM to get serious with each other.

- Jack

Well their already late on their first 1 billion loan payment. If they miss the another one the government is supposed to pull the bail out money forcing them into bankruptcy and restructure.

Chrysler is merging with Fiat.

The shutdown is to give the dealers a chance to move some inventory so that there is not so much surplus running around.

88Racing
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 01:36 PM

- Jack

The shut down also makes employees burn up pto pay(vacation) and also in some states a "shut down" doesn't make the employee eligble for any assisstance such as unemployment.
Just their way also not to have any "owed" money out there to their employees so it makes it easier to fold up shop if necessary.

Lars

average-joe
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
GM (Goverment motors) it's taking 9 weeks off in the summer because that's what congress does every year.

dplummer87
Thu, April 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
:smiley_roll1::hehe:GM (Goverment motors) it's taking 9 weeks off in the summer because that's what congress does every year.

Afrancis
Thu, April 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/wireStory?id=7466568

Afrancis
Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090602/ap_on_bi_ge/us_general_motors_hummer

Afrancis
Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31059625/

88Racing
Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/wireStory?id=7466568

Kinda catchy?
GM(Government Motors)HAHAHA
We all know what the feds will be driving!

Lars

cleatus12r
Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
I'm just looking forward to getting every holiday off with pay since I'm now a government employee.

:smiley_roll1:

kokopellimotorsports
Tue, June 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm just looking forward to getting every holiday off with pay since I'm now a government employee.

Corey Cohron RIP
Wed, June 3rd, 2009, 09:31 AM

Dang, Cody... is this going to affect your job? Hey, wait. Don't you work for us now? :hehe:

cleatus12r
Wed, June 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Dang, Cody... is this going to affect your job? Hey, wait. Don't you work for us now? :hehe:

I'm in the process of obtaining a CDL so I can work for the County road and bridge department. It's less money, but it's steady. :D

Besides, I haven't seen a check made out to me from Power Hungry Performance yet. It's in the mail, right?

BlackSTX
Thu, June 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
cleatus

Do you think that the bankruptcy may affect the dealership you're at, or aren't there many others near you?

In our area, western NY, a few have closed over the years, but there is likely to be too many for the area still.

Keep us posted...