Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest News (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   04-08 F-150 Manual Updated (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706)

OneTomcat Tue, August 25th, 2009 07:44 PM

I figured that one would have any teacher pulling her hair out :D

88Racing Wed, September 2nd, 2009 12:32 PM

Just a thought?

You may want to add this in.
Upon installation make sure the OBDII/cigarette lighter fuse is in good condition.

And at any point in the future when changing calibration files that the user should check the fuse "before" switching calibration files.

Also add this in for if the display ever goes blank.

Lars:2thumbs:

Jackpine Mon, September 7th, 2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 14397)
Where the heck did I put THAT? :doh: I'll fix it if you tell me where the mistake can be found, TomCat. (At least it's correct on the website. :o)

It's still not fixed, Corey - first paragraph in BIG red letters on page 5 of the manual.

And, on page 9 in the table: "With engine running, sows charging system voltage" - I think you meant "shows".

Did you mean for page 25 to be "blank"? If so, might be appropriate to print "THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY BLANK" in big letters.

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, September 7th, 2009 09:57 PM

I had fixed it but had forgotten to publish the most recent version. :o Other mistakes remedied. Thank you!

glockwinger Sun, November 1st, 2009 03:44 AM

Hey Groovychick...

I put new shoes on my truck and went to the new download-able manual to find out how to change the tire size and found a little bitty typo (well, actually the omission of one numeral:

On page 15, step 3, the equation reads: 27.5 + 431.8. It should read: 427.5 + 431.8.

Thanks for all you do! :2thumbs:

"Glock"

Longshot270 Sun, November 1st, 2009 08:44 AM

Do you want to put something in there about the data log feature? I know it took me almost an hour to figure everything out. :shrug:

Jackpine Sun, November 1st, 2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockwinger (Post 17138)
Hey Groovychick...

I put new shoes on my truck and went to the new download-able manual to find out how to change the tire size and found a little bitty typo (well, actually the omission of one numeral:

On page 15, step 3, the equation reads: 27.5 + 431.8. It should read: 427.5 + 431.8.

Thanks for all you do! :2thumbs:

"Glock"

Good catch, Glock! :thumbs up yellow: Corey - he's correct (it's the "sample" calculation).

And, Longshot, I agree. It would be VERY helpful to have information in the manual about using the data log feature. Don't suppose you'd like to take a stab at writing a draft for it would you? :cheesy smile: I've never tried any data logging myself, so at the moment, you're far more expert than me. And, I suspect Corey is not really knowledgeable about it either and would have to get everything from Bill (who is busy writing tunes).

- Jack

Longshot270 Sun, November 1st, 2009 09:20 AM

Ok, I'll see what I can come up with. :thumbs up yellow:

Longshot270 Sun, November 1st, 2009 12:13 PM

Ok, I have a basic write up with pictures but it wont let me put it on here. So l'll be emailing it in a few minutes.

Jackpine Sun, November 1st, 2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot270 (Post 17153)
Ok, I have a basic write up with pictures but it wont let me put it on here. So l'll be emailing it in a few minutes.

Thanks! I'm sure Corey will appreciate it.

- Jack