Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A few questions (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397)

cleatus12r Wed, February 18th, 2009 11:11 AM

No. The functions are set up for APP vs. road speed.

But it's nothing more than a little math to figure out road speed vs. RPM...with a little bit of road testing in between. Also, it's not difficult at all to keep the TC from locking in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Big Bore, you've got a chip burner, right? If so, I can send you an MRT2 file...it's a stock power level, but the shifting/TC strategy absolutely sucks! :hehe: It's NOTHING like PMT1 and WILL NOT lock the TC in 2nd or 3rd so it might be just what you're looking for. I can email it to you and you can burn it right to your chip.

Different strokes for different folks!

PM me your email address if you're interested.

Big Bore Wed, February 18th, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 4003)
No. The functions are set up for APP vs. road speed.

But it's nothing more than a little math to figure out road speed vs. RPM...with a little bit of road testing in between. Also, it's not difficult at all to keep the TC from locking in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Big Bore, you've got a chip burner, right? If so, I can send you an MRT2 file...it's a stock power level, but the shifting/TC strategy absolutely sucks! :hehe: It's NOTHING like PMT1 and WILL NOT lock the TC in 2nd or 3rd so it might be just what you're looking for. I can email it to you and you can burn it right to your chip.

Different strokes for different folks!

PM me your email address if you're interested.

Negative, no burner. I'm seriously considering the Minotaur software.

I cant imagine something that sucks worse than PMT1 right now. However, having the TC locked in 2nd and 3rd really sucks driving in hilly country where speeds vary constantly. I suppose if the actual shift points are moved up then perhaps it wont be as bad, but I really think delaying the TC lockup till 3rd is the answer. It is possible cutting the low end fuel may solve some of my problems also. I am working with the original tuner to come up with something that will work, but I have little faith in a satisfactory solution at this point.

Not being able to set shift points by RPM is a little disappointing to me, as that seems more relevant than road speed.

cleatus12r Wed, February 18th, 2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bore (Post 4023)
Negative, no burner. I'm seriously considering the Minotaur software.

I cant imagine something that sucks worse than PMT1 right now. Actually, it's better for YOU in the fact that the TC doesn't lock at all in 2nd......but then again, it doesn't lock in 3rd either.However, having the TC locked in 2nd and 3rd really sucks driving in hilly country where speeds vary constantly. I can appreciate that, as I share your pain...in most situations. It sure helps with transmission fluid temperature having it locked though.I suppose if the actual shift points are moved up then perhaps it wont be as bad, but I really think delaying the TC lockup till 3rd is the answer. That would definitely make your life a lot better!!It is possible cutting the low end fuel may solve some of my problems also. I am working with the original tuner to come up with something that will work, but I have little faith in a satisfactory solution at this point.

Not being able to set shift points by RPM is a little disappointing to me, as that seems more relevant than road speed. The problem with that is the RPM varies significantly because of the torque converter slippage itself. 35 MPH with no load might equal 2000 RPM and on the other hand loaded can be 3000 RPM. If your TC was commanded to lock at 2700 RPM, it would lock at 2700 RPM just because you were pulling a load....same road speed. I guess to me, APP makes more sense than RPM. APP is a much better indicator of load than RPM vs. speed.

See comments in red.

Big Bore Wed, February 18th, 2009 02:57 PM

Trans temp is not an issue, with the giant 5 gallon pan, or whatever it is, and a 6.0 cooler, I've had it up to operating temp once that I can think of.

cleatus12r Wed, February 18th, 2009 03:19 PM

Big Bore,

I'll post up a screenshot of what the functions look like for shift speed and TC lock/unlock when I get home tonight (probably about 9 PM MST) so you can see what we're working with.

Bill's software will probably have an A/D scale where the TP voltage scale is on Sniper's definition file. I will know for sure here one of these days.....(patiently waiting on RDTs :cry:)

cleatus12r Wed, February 18th, 2009 09:43 PM

Big Bore,

Here is a comparison of a stock PMT1 program and my Heavy Towing program that I use while hauling a few tons of hay. The windows in the first column are 1-2 shift speed, 2-3 shift speed, and 3-4 shift speed. The second column is 2nd gear TC lockup, 2nd gear TC unlock, and 3rd gear TC lockup.

The first column in each window is factory TP voltage, the second is tow program TP voltage. The third column is factory speed while the fourth column is tow program speed.

Tell me what my 2nd gear lockup does.....;) I like it that way!

You'll probably have to save it and blow it up since it's so small.

Big Bore Wed, February 18th, 2009 10:21 PM

Cant view either item cleatus.

Power Hungry Wed, February 18th, 2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 4034)
Bill's software will probably have an A/D scale where the TP voltage scale is on Sniper's definition file. I will know for sure here one of these days.....(patiently waiting on RDTs :cry:)

Cody,

My fault on that. For some reason I thought I'd sent you some RDTs and Corey's over here telling me that I didn't. :( :whistle1:

Will have them in e-mail shortly.

cleatus12r Thu, February 19th, 2009 07:33 AM

Big Bore,

There should be a picture there now!

Big Bore Mon, February 23rd, 2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 4086)
Big Bore,

There should be a picture there now!

Hey thanks cleatus, sorry took me so long to get back.