Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The kd4crs/Power Hungry/Gotts Mod (revisited - and with pictures) (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340)

Jackpine Fri, February 6th, 2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun (Post 3100)
A dirty engine compartment drives me nuts too. In fact I was going to take it to the car wash this weekend and get rid of the road salt we had this week. So if I understand right, all I should do with my '08 is a little Simple Green and the regular hose and only below the level of the heads, then use my compressor to blow as much of the water out as possible, right?

That might work fine Cajun - I also remember, now that I think about it, that somebody else in the f150 forums recommended using a yard blower (like I do to clean PCs) to blow the plug wells out and dry things off.

Another cleaning product I remember now that someone uses is "Spray-n-Wash" (the stuff you spray on clothes before you put them in the washer to get rid of stains). A picture of his engine compartment looked squeaky clean.

The owners manual only says to be careful with water around the intake tube. I wonder if it's possible to force some in to the filter box through the crack where the tube joins it?

- Jack

Cajun Fri, February 6th, 2009 10:04 AM

Thanks Jack.

Jackpine Fri, February 6th, 2009 05:34 PM

Just painted my hose clamp! :woohoo: Can't wait till it dries so I can put it back on and see how much better my CAI performs! :hehe:

- Jack

kd4crs Fri, February 6th, 2009 09:18 PM

That and a PHP sticker on your back window will add at least 35 more horsepower to your truck! :smiley_roll1:

88Racing Tue, February 10th, 2009 02:25 PM

Good job!

Great ideas everyone shure beets the price of a cai!
Jack,
Might stop at a hardware store or plumbing wholesale house and get some ideas Friday or this week end of what could go into the fender well hole that would not interfear with the inner diameter of the hole and does not have to remove the lip, but can be easily be removed. I will post it if I find something.

-Lars
Forgive the spelling, life on a blackberry!

SinCityFX4 Tue, February 10th, 2009 03:28 PM

You could use those thick coupler pieces and cut a line around the
Outer edge so it seats in the fender well.

Jackpine Tue, February 10th, 2009 03:38 PM

I've seen flex metal tubing that looks pretty similar to what AgentOrange used in Ace Hardware and Home Depot. He said it required NO fender modification. I've seen flex PVC online in pool supply sources, but I have yet to find it in a "brick and mortar" store. Plumbing wholesale might be a good source, Lars.

SinCity, I don't think I understand what you are proposing. I doubt any of the couplers I've seen are long enough to get into the outer fender well, and, It's not clear to me how you are cutting it?

- Jack

SinCityFX4 Tue, February 10th, 2009 04:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I was thinking about a setup like MArk has on his then using a regular coupler like the 1st pic and then using a razor knife to cut a lip in in it so it seats. Or using something like the second pic on the bottom if I can find the right piece.

I am using my old intake and trying to make one for my neighbor who cannot use his hands very well (stroke). He does not want to cut or hurt his truck so I am using mine to make it and try and find a way so I dont alter his truck other than the intake from mine. You guys have given me a ton of ideas.:2thumbs:

Jackpine Tue, February 10th, 2009 04:35 PM

OK, take pictures of what you come up with!

- Jack

88Racing Tue, February 10th, 2009 04:40 PM

I think I might know where sincity is going with this correct me if I am wrong. Take a no hub coupler like Jack has left over and make sure it has the same ID as the pipe or am I thinking wrong? I know they make a 3x2.5" reducer coupler(problem with this one it has a rib where the 2 pipes meet) or like the 3" one Jack used. Or take the 3" coupler and try that in there also? Is it long enough or will the sides kink in and cause less air flow/turbulance?

-Lars