Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Splash Screens (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Custom Splash Screens...Request always taken (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2138)

XPerties Wed, November 4th, 2009 03:51 PM

Custom Splash Screens...Request always taken

I've put some splash screens together, different strokes for different folks, so help yourself. If you like to throw some request out I'll make them up. Being laid off ( :cry-blow: ) gives me plenty of time to do nothing but stare at walls.

http://www.xperties.net/gryphon/index.php

Thanks to longshot270 for some help on things. Also credit goes to him for a few partial images that I borrowed.

Source: Many images were take from Google images and then edited/enhanced in PhotoShop CS then converted to monochrome in MS Paint.

88Racing Wed, November 4th, 2009 05:34 PM

Sorry to here about you being laid off.
Your idle time is/has/will always be a great help to the forum and PHP!
Thanks again!

Lars:2thumbs:

BTW The splash screens that you and Longshot270 put together are fantastic!

Longshot270 Thu, December 3rd, 2009 07:36 AM

I like how you organized them on the other website. :thumbs up yellow: I might have to figure out how to do that in the future, my portfolio on here would get filled up quick if I were to upload all of the one's I've been working on. But most of them are specifically for my truck.

Power Hungry Thu, December 17th, 2009 01:53 AM

Man, those are AWESOME! :2thumbs:

Also, for those who don't know... those will work on an Evo as well. You'll have to use Pegasus instead of Fusion to upload them though.

Keep up the good work.

Longshot270 Thu, December 17th, 2009 08:26 AM

Really? Well I might be in business down here. I know a few guys with evo's that like what my programmer does. =}

XPerties Mon, December 21st, 2009 12:04 PM

Hey longshot270,

If you want this script and you have a website or a place to upload them I can send it over. If not I can make you a sub-domain and give you access, something like:

http://longshot270.xperties.net

Let me know.

Grabber523 Mon, December 21st, 2009 01:33 PM

Those are awesome...:2thumbs:

Longshot270 Mon, December 21st, 2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPerties (Post 20601)
Hey longshot270,

If you want this script and you have a website or a place to upload them I can send it over. If not I can make you a sub-domain and give you access, something like:

http://longshot270.xperties.net

Let me know.

Oh, yes please. That would be awesome. Since I'm not very tech savy you might have to get everything started for me, I dont really have a firm understanding of anything you just mentioned. As far as programming goes, I'm only as far as making math and chem formula programs on graphing calculators. (That was the main reason I passed my chemistry, algebra and geometry classes in high school, because I was able to rewrite my programs minutes after they wiped out the memory.:whistle1:)...I'm kind of a learn it as I need it type. :cool_beans:
Now if there is a way for me to set up my own web page, no problem. I just have to figure out how to get started.

XPerties Mon, December 21st, 2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot270 (Post 20629)
Oh, yes please. That would be awesome. Since I'm not very tech savy you might have to get everything started for me, I dont really have a firm understanding of anything you just mentioned. As far as programming goes, I'm only as far as making math and chem formula programs on graphing calculators. (That was the main reason I passed my chemistry, algebra and geometry classes in high school, because I was able to rewrite my programs minutes after they wiped out the memory.:whistle1:)...I'm kind of a learn it as I need it type. :cool_beans:
Now if there is a way for me to set up my own web page, no problem. I just have to figure out how to get started.

Well I wrote my script so all you have to do is upload the image to a image folder and it will would auto show it on the website, meaning you upload and that's it. You ever use FTP to transfer files?

Longshot270 Mon, December 21st, 2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPerties (Post 20631)
Well I wrote my script so all you have to do is upload the image to a image folder and it will would auto show it on the website, meaning you upload and that's it. You ever use FTP to transfer files?

That sounds easy enough, but I dont think I've ever used this FTP. To me a computer is a tool just like a wrench. I can easily use it for stuff that is right in front of me like slide shows and splash screens but loosening a bolt that is miles away is where I start to have trouble, if you know what I mean. :giggle:
Ok so how you describe it, uploading pictures is easy. Does it accept the bitmaps? I'm about to skip using JPEG as my middle format. I'm going strait from my painting format right to bitmap, no middle man to waste time but also no middle man for uploading.

XPerties Mon, December 21st, 2009 03:42 PM

Yeah the script was made just for bitmap images.

You can get free FTP software here:
http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. There is a bunch of crap that may over whelm you but really int he below screenshot you only put in the "Host", "Username" and "Password" and once you save it you would just click connect.
http://filezilla-project.org/images/...itemanager.png

Here is a link to some flash tutorials on how to use FileZilla:
http://www.demowolf.com/ftp-demos.php

If you want to give it a shot I'll send you some login information for an account and you can mess around with login in and uploading files. You can't hurt anything and once you get the hang of it I'll throw the script in your account and then you would just upload the images to a image folder.

Longshot270 Mon, December 21st, 2009 04:10 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try. Just downloaded it (found the agreement quite interresting) so I'll be playing around with it for a while. I watched some of the demos and it I think I will be able to set something up...We'll see.

Later that day:
Ok, looks simple enough. I'll have it ready in no time, I'm just not sure about what the host is supposed to be. I used their wizard to do a few tests and the tests failed. Any recommendations(or use the filezilla-project.org)?

bossman15 Sat, December 26th, 2009 08:42 AM

If either (or both of you wanna compete for who can do the coolest) one of you fine gentlemen would be interested in makin me a rebel flag splashscreen with ducks flyin and shotgun shells id be much obliged!!!

XPerties Sun, December 27th, 2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossman15 (Post 21024)
If either (or both of you wanna compete for who can do the coolest) one of you fine gentlemen would be interested in makin me a rebel flag splashscreen with ducks flyin and shotgun shells id be much obliged!!!

I'm not in the competing mode but can you give me more details? U want all of those items on one splash screen? If so that would be way to busy for it to even look nice.

longshot: The host is your web host. It's typically something you pay for from a company to host a website which is why I suggested I would give you some space on a sub-domain on my site if you were interested.

ticopowell Mon, December 28th, 2009 02:39 AM

link

I checked out the Splash Screen website, and those are great!, but there is 1 problem, the "request a splashscreen" link is to the old host, so you might want to change that, an on that note it would be great if you could get military themed splashscreens up, or like a fighter jet. just a thought and a request. :2thumbs: keep up the good work!

Power Hungry Mon, December 28th, 2009 03:05 AM

All the military logos for each branch would be really cool. :) Keep up the good work. :2thumbs:

shotgun Mon, December 28th, 2009 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If the CS/CTS platform will support custom screens, I'd like this one:

Thanks!

Longshot270 Mon, December 28th, 2009 06:32 PM

bossman15:

What'd ya think? If you cant convert it to a monochrome bitmap I can send you the proper version in a PM.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...ag-n-ducks.jpg

Xperties: Ohhh :doh: that would make sense. Could you send me a PM with the your host? Or if it would be simpler set everything up and tell me how to use what you set up with my computer. This web stuff can get me confused pretty quick.:o

Longshot270 Tue, December 29th, 2009 03:14 PM

Something like these?
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...479-usnavy.jpg http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...coastguard.jpg
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...usairforce.jpg http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...476-usarmy.jpg

...and finally http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...-usmarines.jpg
I'm going to keep working on the eagle, it's so small it's hard to work with.

I'll fix the flags later and update them here and in my photo album.

shotgun Tue, December 29th, 2009 03:38 PM

Looks great! Don't forget the Coast Guard!

ticopowell Tue, December 29th, 2009 04:02 PM

awesome

Awesome! :2thumbs:

bossman15 Sat, January 2nd, 2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot270 (Post 21241)
bossman15:

What'd ya think? If you cant convert it to a monochrome bitmap I can send you the proper version in a PM.
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/membe...ag-n-ducks.jpg

Xperties: Ohhh :doh: that would make sense. Could you send me a PM with the your host? Or if it would be simpler set everything up and tell me how to use what you set up with my computer. This web stuff can get me confused pretty quick.:o

Yeah if you could pm that it would be awesome, i have no idea how to do that lol

bossman15 Sat, January 2nd, 2010 12:06 PM

yeah i converted it to bmp but it said it had to be black and white? if you could just pm it to me ready to go thats be awesome!

Longshot270 Sat, January 2nd, 2010 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this one. I was changing part of my paint program when I made it and wasn't able to save as a monochrome bitmap at the time. Now everything works a little better. :)

CageFighter_Dan Mon, January 4th, 2010 12:14 PM

any chance of getting a really cool UFC splash screen? i'm sure it would be pretty popular

Longshot270 Mon, January 4th, 2010 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CageFighter_Dan (Post 22022)
any chance of getting a really cool UFC splash screen? i'm sure it would be pretty popular

Like this?
Tell me if it works I tried something new on saving and dont have my programmer to test it out.

CageFighter_Dan Tue, January 5th, 2010 12:47 AM

thats awesome :woot: exactly what i was hoping for
thanks

08stx Wed, January 20th, 2010 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if it could be done but this would be pretty cool.

Longshot270 Thu, January 21st, 2010 06:43 AM

08- Check Xperties's website (page 1 of this thread or click on the link in his signature), he has some that are similar to what your wanting. Really all I could do is to build on his with a border and the STX possibly underneath. But I will also work on one later because I'd probably make the letters thicker.

Longshot270 Thu, January 21st, 2010 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one that I thought looked kinda cool. I used the picture you posted because I liked the angles.

08stx Thu, January 21st, 2010 10:15 PM

Thats not bad, thanks.

XPerties Fri, January 29th, 2010 09:08 AM

opppss....I wasn't getting any notifications of replies to the thread. Sorry guys but it seems as longshot270 got everything under control...lol

:woot:

Longshot270 Fri, January 29th, 2010 11:29 PM

Whew, I was wondering what was going on. :cheesy smile:

XPerties Sat, January 30th, 2010 06:13 AM

I guess last time I visited the forums I wasn't logged in and if the forums hasn't detected you logged in since the last email notification regarding a thread reply, it doesn't send you any more notifications. :sigh:

Anyways, did I miss any request? It looked as if you handled all of them.:happy-dancing:

Longshot270 Sat, January 30th, 2010 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by XPerties (Post 23827)
I guess last time I visited the forums I wasn't logged in and if the forums hasn't detected you logged in since the last email notification regarding a thread reply, it doesn't send you any more notifications. :sigh:

Anyways, did I miss any request? It looked as if you handled all of them.:happy-dancing:

Uhhhh...looks like I need to go back through my subscriptions because what you just said explains a bit. :giggle:

Na, its been pretty cool over on this thread. You can try making another F150 like on 08stx's. I was trying to use a B/W gradient for a background but it doesn't always cooperate as I would like it to.:hmmm:

...the one I attatched looks pretty good on a programmer though, just not on the computer.

double j Thu, April 1st, 2010 11:17 AM

those are some great splash screens. if it is not to much trouble do you think you could make a flaming STX with the flames coming off the top of the loggo

XPerties Thu, April 1st, 2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double j (Post 28923)
those are some great splash screens. if it is not to much trouble do you think you could make a flaming STX with the flames coming off the top of the loggo

I'll see what I can come up with. :evillol:

double j Thu, April 1st, 2010 11:40 AM

sweet that sounds great. and thanks

XPerties Thu, April 1st, 2010 01:01 PM

Dam hard to get flames to even look like flames when dealing with monochrome but here you go...

1st image on page 1:
Gryphon Programmer Splash Screens

double j Thu, April 1st, 2010 07:13 PM

thanks for the splash screen it looks great. when i get my gryphon back i will load it first thing. thanks again.

Longshot270 Thu, April 1st, 2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPerties (Post 28930)
Dam hard to get flames to even look like flames when dealing with monochrome but here you go...

1st image on page 1:
Gryphon Programmer Splash Screens

Thats pretty cool! :thumbs up yellow:
I might try one tomorrow, I havent drawn one in a while and have been looking for a new project. :)

Longshot270 Sun, April 11th, 2010 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so it took me more than 24 hours but here is one that is kinda different. I used a black background vs. the white.

double j Sun, April 11th, 2010 09:45 PM

veryy sweet

XPerties Mon, April 12th, 2010 05:55 AM

Ahh yes, looks a lot cleaner than mine. Good job.

jlstang351 Mon, April 26th, 2010 07:25 AM

How bout a Florida Gator head logo?

Longshot270 Mon, April 26th, 2010 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not the best at already made logos but this one looks pretty good.

jlstang351 Mon, April 26th, 2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 31405)
I'm not the best at already made logos but this one looks pretty good.

love it!! cant wait to see it on the display..Thanks alot

Longshot270 Mon, May 3rd, 2010 12:00 PM

Texas

3 Attachment(s)
Got a request for a Texas/Ford splash screen so here they are. I attatched two bitmaps for the programmer but also uploaded a jpeg so it will be easier to see.

PowaStroka Fri, May 28th, 2010 01:25 PM

Has SVT been done yet?

Longshot270 Fri, May 28th, 2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowaStroka (Post 34567)
Has SVT been done yet?

Nope but I can sure make one. What are you looking for in it? I could do the "SVT" like on the raptor...
*go to my profile and click on the splash screen album. It has some that are not posted in the thread.

Longshot270 Mon, July 12th, 2010 07:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Oops, seems this thread fell through the cracks. I have 3 basic "SVT"s right now. The first SVT is just that, I picked lettering that was similar to what I've seen on lightnings and raptors around town. The next two are the raptor and lightning editions.

swiftvision Thu, October 21st, 2010 03:47 PM

Can someone do a Lincoln logo for my Mark LT truck?

Thanks!!!

evoar Mon, October 25th, 2010 08:42 AM

Here's one I made

1 Attachment(s)
I just made one with the Punisher skull.

boilerup15 Mon, October 25th, 2010 09:01 AM

Can someone do a John Deere logo?

Longshot270 Mon, October 25th, 2010 07:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftvision (Post 40506)
Can someone do a Lincoln logo for my Mark LT truck?

Thanks!!!

Dont worry, didn't forget just needed a bit of time when I should be studying. :hehe:
I can put the logo on top/bottom even sideways if that is what your looking for. They are attached as lincoln 1 and2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilerup15 (Post 40621)
Can someone do a John Deere logo?

I'm kinda liking the second but same thing, I can put the lettering on top or bottom. Look at JD 1 and 2. I kinda like the second more.

boilerup15 Mon, October 25th, 2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 40637)
Dont worry, didn't forget just needed a bit of time when I should be studying. :hehe:
I can put the logo on top/bottom even sideways if that is what your looking for. They are attached as lincoln 1 and2.

I'm kinda liking the second but same thing, I can put the lettering on top or bottom. Look at JD 1 and 2. I kinda like the second more.

Thanks, I like the 2nd one best!