Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2009 to 2014 F-150 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   have a date set yet on when the programmer for the 09 will be released? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667)

mineboggler Sun, March 8th, 2009 01:09 AM

have a date set yet on when the programmer for the 09 will be released?

just wondering if ya may have a date to when the programmer for the 09 will be out?? thanks

SportTractoF150 Fri, March 20th, 2009 11:20 AM

I also am wondering when the Gryphon is planned to be released for the 09 F-150. It needs tuning with big tires!!

Power Hungry Fri, March 20th, 2009 11:26 AM

I have a couple projects to finish up for Edge Racing before we complete the 09. Probably looking at another 6 weeks form this point.

SportTractoF150 Sun, April 12th, 2009 02:23 AM

just wondering if there was an update on the release date of the Gryphon for the 5.4L V8 in the 09 F-150?

DeereGeff Wed, April 15th, 2009 09:41 PM

I'm also looking for a tuner for my 09 to go along with my lift and 35's. Please hurry, I'm not sure how much longer I can wait:cool_beans:

SportTractoF150 Tue, April 28th, 2009 07:19 PM

Any update on this tuner? I know the shop has been closed a few days, but it's been around 6 weeks since Bill last responded.

SportTractoF150 Fri, June 12th, 2009 07:13 PM

Any update? The last date I was given was June 11, which was yesterday. Just curious how much longer til they'll be available for the 09's.

SportTractoF150 Tue, August 18th, 2009 01:34 AM

So I never got a response when I asked 2 months ago, but is there any update on when the gryphon will finally be available for the 2009's? Really don't wanna go to another tuner...

JWBFX4 Wed, August 19th, 2009 03:04 PM

Well I cant help you out, but here's you a free bump :connie_mini_bump:

Power Hungry Wed, August 19th, 2009 05:56 PM

I apologize... I somehow missed the last time you posted.

I am finally getting back to work on this project in the next week or two. We're finally caught up on custom orders (more or less) and just need to get through upgrades and a couple little buggies on the Pegasus software.

As long as I can get through the rest of the code changes without difficulty, I am expecting a release around the first of October.

Take care.

SportTractoF150 Thu, September 17th, 2009 06:12 PM

Any update on the release date? Is it still the first week of October? My birthday is September 29th, so that would be awesome if the tuner comes out right around then :cheesy smile:

DeereGeff Thu, September 24th, 2009 09:31 PM

Hopefully your busy working on the tunes and unable to answer our request for updated dates.:D Seriously I'm tired of hearing from everybody how great the tunes work and not being able to take advantage of them for my truck.

Maybe we will get a discount for our persistence. :thumbs up yellow:

SportTractoF150 Thu, October 1st, 2009 06:00 PM

Haha, I'm right there with you man. I know you and I both lifted our truck right around the same time at the end of April and both of us have been waiting diligently for this tuner to come out.

A discount would definitely be awesome....but I really just want my tunes!! I want my MPG back closer to what it was and I want some more power! :thumbs up yellow:

429 boss mustang Thu, October 1st, 2009 11:40 PM

my birthday was on the 27 of sept lol

jimmyv13 Fri, October 2nd, 2009 09:48 AM

Could this be the same programmer that would work on the '07 Expeditions?

Power Hungry Mon, October 5th, 2009 02:35 AM

The '09 F-150 code won't be the same as the '07 Expy as it uses a different CAN communications protocol. In 2009, they changed from ISO-15765 to ISO-14229 and made several significant changes to the communications structure. We're still working on it but I'm caught up with a few older drivability issues that need to be resolved before I can finish the '09. We're right there though so hold tight.

dlsipe1 Tue, October 6th, 2009 08:25 PM

Hey guys! Yesterday, I traded in my 06 5.4 supercrew for an 09 FX4 supercrew. I pulled my gryphon out when I traded it in - after setting back to stock. Will this thing be able to be reprogrammed in the future to work on my 09, or will I have to sell it and start over. (I had custom tunes - 87 perf, 87 tow, and 93 perf.)

Thanks, in advance, for the reply.

-Darin

Power Hungry Tue, October 6th, 2009 08:43 PM

Hold onto it. We're finishing up the firmware and calibrations on the units to include capability on the 2009's. As soon as it's ready, we'll let everyone know.

dlsipe1 Thu, October 8th, 2009 04:26 PM

Thanks, Bill. Will continue to hold it as tightly as I did when I pulled it out before the trade in. :yesnod:

SportTractoF150 Mon, October 26th, 2009 02:43 PM

any update on when this'll be released?

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, October 29th, 2009 12:14 AM

The calibrations are ready, I believe. It's just finding the time to work on the hardware that's the problem...

No ETA yet for the 2009 Gryphon, but we should have something available for the 2009 F-150 next month. :woohoo: As soon as we have specifics, this forum will be the first place it's announced!

gp1300r Thu, November 5th, 2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 16975)
The calibrations are ready, I believe. It's just finding the time to work on the hardware that's the problem...

No ETA yet for the 2009 Gryphon, but we should have something available for the 2009 F-150 next month. :woohoo: As soon as we have specifics, this forum will be the first place it's announced!

:drool2::cheesy smile:

dlsipe1 Tue, November 10th, 2009 11:17 PM

Man, you guys, I sure do miss the improved driveability with my gryphon in my 06 truck...hint hint. :cry-blow:

shotgun Tue, November 17th, 2009 04:55 AM

I was hoping to take advantage of the November sale and get one for my 2009 5.4L (I'm officially calling it an early Christmas present).

Maybe PHP will extend the sale for the 2009 trucks? Never hurts to ask, right?

freeman.public Sun, November 22nd, 2009 11:00 AM

Freeman

I 2nd the request to extend the sale for those waiting for 2009 F150 kits. Any word on the date?

Gray09f150 Thu, December 31st, 2009 08:41 AM

Will the cts come with preloaded tunes to use while we wait on the custom tunes. Has anybody seen numbers for a tuned 4.6 3v?

Power Hungry Fri, January 1st, 2010 02:49 AM

I don't yet have numbers for a 4.6L. I've been talking to Edge about flying out there and doing some tuning for a few days to get some current files and power numbers. We'll see what we can arrange.

As to what the unit will ship with, once it's released for the '09 it will come preloaded with the basic canned tunes.

Take care.

dlsipe1 Sat, January 2nd, 2010 02:04 AM

OK...It's 2010...can I get my gryphon re-tuned yet...?:shrug:

I really miss this thing. I can only imagine what it will do to my '09 after seeing real improvement in my '06.

:woot:

martinoledad Mon, January 11th, 2010 05:20 PM

sorry for the aggravation but has edge said anything new yet about the release of the 09 programmers.

88Racing Mon, January 11th, 2010 05:50 PM

PHP is currently in a holding pattern by which I mean they are closed. This is due to the health of Corey's sister.
I don't know how long or when they are going to reopen.
I know that when they do open, they will probably have some info for you 09+ owners.
But as of right now that's all I know.

martinoledad Mon, January 11th, 2010 06:11 PM

oh sorry i knew that they werent going to be out of the office for a while but i didnt know they were totally out

88Racing Mon, January 11th, 2010 06:31 PM

I know that this month some info was to be released. But with this medical emergency and them being totally gone.
I feel it is going to be delayed.
So just keep on checking in here and someday real soon there will be an announcement.

Smokewagun Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:23 AM

I'm waiting with baited breath for the Gryphon for my 2010 Screw. I am very surprised the 2009's haven't been released, and that makes me concerned for the 2010's. I assume the 2010 will be a shoe-in as there were no real changes from 2009.

I'm very hopeful it won't be too long. I drive alot of miles and trade about every year. I'd like to log some Gryphon miles before I move to my next rig!

Groovy, do you or Bill have a rough idea about when we can expect something to peak? Do you think the 2010's will come right out with the 2009's, or will there be a delay?

I know you have been/are going through alot lately with your family and hope that you know many of will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers - especially with the most recent news.

Jackpine Wed, February 3rd, 2010 01:24 PM

Smoke - you keep getting a new truck every year! Is your new one a KR or is it something else?

You may want to hold out for the CS or CTS programmer, which PHP will also sell (with custom tunes). I think that's the basket Edge is putting their eggs into anyway, so I doubt they're in a huge rush to upgrade the older Evolutions.

- Jack

Smokewagun Thu, February 4th, 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 24128)
Smoke - you keep getting a new truck every year! Is your new one a KR or is it something else?

You may want to hold out for the CS or CTS programmer, which PHP will also sell (with custom tunes). I think that's the basket Edge is putting their eggs into anyway, so I doubt they're in a huge rush to upgrade the older Evolutions.

- Jack

My new one is a Lariat. :sigh: I wish it was a King Ranch, though. I had the best of intentions to run that truck a few years (of course by now it would have close to 85k on it), but I was forced out of it due to some travel trailer weight issues. Off to a 2008 F-350 6.4L I went. Then, our new trailer fell apart, which left us with no choice but to make a change. Now, we are back to a light (5,500#) travel trailer, and this new 2010 should be perfect with the Max Tow. Now, I have to work on stopping the high mileage.

I'm going to try to run this truck to about 80k. That should get me to late Spring of 2011. Fingers are crossed. I hate to wait while racking up mileage only for a display and another $200. I do like gadgets, though. What are your thoughts on benefits of the CS or CTS? Do you think a CTS sitting on a dash is desirable to some would-be thieves passing by? I hate to get into removing it every time I park, like a plug 'n play Sirius unit or portable GPS. What do you think?

Jackpine Thu, February 4th, 2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokewagun (Post 24242)
My new one is a Lariat. :sigh: I wish it was a King Ranch, though. I had the best of intentions to run that truck a few years (of course by now it would have close to 85k on it), but I was forced out of it due to some travel trailer weight issues. Off to a 2008 F-350 6.4L I went. Then, our new trailer fell apart, which left us with no choice but to make a change. Now, we are back to a light (5,500#) travel trailer, and this new 2010 should be perfect with the Max Tow. Now, I have to work on stopping the high mileage.

I'm going to try to run this truck to about 80k. That should get me to late Spring of 2011. Fingers are crossed. I hate to wait while racking up mileage only for a display and another $200. I do like gadgets, though. What are your thoughts on benefits of the CS or CTS? Do you think a CTS sitting on a dash is desirable to some would-be thieves passing by? I hate to get into removing it every time I park, like a plug 'n play Sirius unit or portable GPS. What do you think?

Oh, I definitely think the CTS is an inviting target, just like GPS units and high end sound systems. A couple of things that CAN help might be "Jimijammer" lock protectors on ALL the doors (and the tailgate and hood), to make it harder to enter any part of the vehicle - I think they pretty much have to break a window to get in with those installed. AND, a windshield shade that makes it harder to see what's on the dash, as well as tinted windows).

I've installed Jimijammers and always use a windshield shade when parked. I think though, if I were going to leave it parked in the open for a couple of days, I'd remove my Gryphon.

Benefits of the CS and CTS? Well, the backup camera view is a real plus with the CTS. Being able to monitor 8 PIDs on both is good, I guess. The color screens are nice "eye candy". And, Bill has said there are more parameters that can be tuned with these units, but he has not said what they are.

- Jack

Smokewagun Tue, February 9th, 2010 09:34 AM

Well, I ordered an Xcal3 yesterday. As soon as I can get it, I can read the strategies (3) for Bill and get on the list. :happy-dancing: Oh, I just can't wait. I sure hope Bill gets caught up soon...

martinoledad Wed, March 10th, 2010 02:01 PM

is there any update on bill helping out edge yet.

gp1300r Fri, March 12th, 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinoledad (Post 27000)
is there any update on bill helping out edge yet.

+1
I need something :cry-blow:

Corey Cohron RIP Sat, March 13th, 2010 11:19 PM

If all goes as planned and based upon what Bill learned while he was in Utah, we should be able to release the '09 Gryphon in early April. :cheesy smile:

martinoledad Sun, March 14th, 2010 12:28 PM

just incase you dont see my other post. is there a way we can order the CS/CTS now and get the gryphon/custom tunes later in april. I dont know how much longer i can wait expecially since you told me the date around when you can release it. :drool2: the wait might just take twice as long now. just cant wait for some easy extra power:evillol:

ncTidalWave Sat, March 20th, 2010 11:03 PM

Just bumping Smokewagun's question, will the 2010's be supported in the 2009 Gryphon release?

mikey Sun, March 21st, 2010 11:58 AM

Just subscribing to the thread. Looking forward to getting this programmer when it is available.:woot:

martinoledad Wed, March 24th, 2010 10:36 PM

Just wondering if anybody knows yet if the CS/CTS or Gryphon will have a mounting assembly for the 09-10 like they did for the 04-08 (at least i know the gryphons did)

SportTractoF150 Tue, April 20th, 2010 02:20 PM

Can we get an update on the status of the Gryphon, Gryphon CS, and the Gryphon CTS for the 2009+ models? PLEASE??!!? I'm dying here....:cheesy smile:

Power Hungry Wed, April 21st, 2010 02:12 AM

Gryphon on delay for a while. Talked to Edge today and the CS and CTS are just waiting for some final tweaks on tunes. Other than that, the firmware is complete. I suspect another week or maybe less.

Not sure about the dash mount. Haven't heard anything yet. I'll check and see what's in the hopper.

SportTractoF150 Thu, April 22nd, 2010 02:27 PM

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm considering the Gryphon CS or CTS anyways so I'm glad they're coming out sooner. If it is a less or week, that would be absolutely awesome. As long as they come with the suction cup mount, I'll be good with that until the actual mounts come out for them.

SportTractoF150 Wed, April 28th, 2010 10:42 AM

Any other updates? It's been a week, so I figured I'd just check in and see if you had heard anything from Edge.

SportTractoF150 Thu, May 6th, 2010 12:47 PM

Just bumping to see if there is any update from Edge or PHP on the release...

martinoledad Thu, May 6th, 2010 03:49 PM

unless you want all the gauges you might want to just go with the SCT X3 like i did, i also got custom tunes through php. I think it works great, i just got tired of waiting on edge and listening to their excuses. But you may want to try calling them yourself.

jmp09f150 Sat, May 8th, 2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinoledad (Post 32337)
unless you want all the gauges you might want to just go with the SCT X3 like i did, i also got custom tunes through php. I think it works great, i just got tired of waiting on edge and listening to their excuses. But you may want to try calling them yourself.

I noticed on the SCT website that the X3 could possibly turn off the traction control. Have you tried this feature? Also, I have a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires on my truck, in your opinion from using this tuner will it help? I am also considering changing my axle ratio to get the truck closer to stock.

Thanks

martinoledad Sat, May 8th, 2010 11:28 AM

well to be honest i didnt know that the SCT could turn off the traction control. As far as the performance and MPG gains i love mine. I didnt need all of the gauges from the edge programmer(not saying it wouldnt be nice, just that isnt a must have). With custom tune(which i have) i think it would help you out. you are going to have to wait till somebody knows more about the axel deal because i have no idea about that.:thumbs up yellow:

JWBFX4 Sun, May 9th, 2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmp09f150 (Post 32494)
I noticed on the SCT website that the X3 could possibly turn off the traction control. Have you tried this feature? Also, I have a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires on my truck, in your opinion from using this tuner will it help? I am also considering changing my axle ratio to get the truck closer to stock.

Thanks

Your best bet would be to redo the gears....its night and day difference. The tuner would be able to change your speed and shift points and get you a little more power, but you are still hurting your transmission.

martinoledad Mon, May 10th, 2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmp09f150 (Post 32494)

Thanks

Well i emailed SCT and they replied today and said that you can turn it off with the custom tuning but they recommended to use the buttons on the truck just to let you know.

jmp09f150 Wed, May 12th, 2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWBFX4 (Post 32542)
Your best bet would be to redo the gears....its night and day difference. The tuner would be able to change your speed and shift points and get you a little more power, but you are still hurting your transmission.

Thanks for the advice. My plan is to regear, possibly to a 4.56 ratio. I will then get the programmer to make sure I am not running to lean with the catback system and CAI.

jmp09f150 Wed, May 12th, 2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinoledad (Post 32657)
Well i emailed SCT and they replied today and said that you can turn it off with the custom tuning but they recommended to use the buttons on the truck just to let you know.

I have tried to turn it off manually, it doesn't really work. I think it is the RSC that turns on. It happens mostly when I am making a left hand turn at slow to even normal speeds. The truck cuts power and taps the brakes. It is really annoying. My local ford dealer said it was due to the larger tires, the only way to prevent this is supposedly to remove the fuses!

I was hoping I didn't have to resort to removing fuses due to loss of ABS and the annoying warning lights on the dash.

jmp09f150 Wed, May 12th, 2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinoledad (Post 32498)
well to be honest i didnt know that the SCT could turn off the traction control. As far as the performance and MPG gains i love mine. I didnt need all of the gauges from the edge programmer(not saying it wouldnt be nice, just that isnt a must have). With custom tune(which i have) i think it would help you out. you are going to have to wait till somebody knows more about the axel deal because i have no idea about that.:thumbs up yellow:

How quickly will the SCT upload new programs? For instance, switching between an every day driving program and one to tow/haul something? Would it be easier with the edge?

martinoledad Wed, May 12th, 2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmp09f150 (Post 32930)
How quickly will the SCT upload new programs? For instance, switching between an every day driving program and one to tow/haul something? Would it be easier with the edge?

It usally takes me about 5 mins to change between tunes. I was running a 91 performance and switched it the other day to 87 performance due to the raising gas prices.(and the fact that everywhere around me is 93 octane and i accidently ordered 91 octane:doh: so i choose to be safe and run the right octane. So be sure to get whats around you.)

jmp09f150 Thu, May 13th, 2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinoledad (Post 32933)
It usally takes me about 5 mins to change between tunes. I was running a 91 performance and switched it the other day to 87 performance due to the raising gas prices.(and the fact that everywhere around me is 93 octane and i accidently ordered 91 octane:doh: so i choose to be safe and run the right octane. So be sure to get whats around you.)

I have 87 and 93 octane. Is there anything special I should get for the programs? How long of a wait was it for you? If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

martinoledad Thu, May 13th, 2010 01:52 PM

Im not sure what you mean with anything special with your programs. if you are talking about what tunes i have a 87 and 91 performance and 87 tow tunes. The wait was about 2-3 days for my programmer then about another couple of days for the custom tunes since the x3 doesnt come with canned tunes Bill gets the x3's tunes first or at least sooner. It costed me about 430 dollars for the programmer and 3 custom tunes. Which actually saved me money since i had the money put back since december for the Edge CS and CTS.

jmp09f150 Fri, May 14th, 2010 01:09 PM

How happy are you with your purchase? Have you had a prior gryphon to compare it to? Have you seen any mpg increase?

martinoledad Fri, May 14th, 2010 03:10 PM

I'm extremely happy with it. No I haven't had a previous gryphon but I had a bully dog programmer for an 07 and the SCT with custom tunes makes it look like a little puppy. Also I have notices close to about 2MPG increase.

jmp09f150 Fri, May 14th, 2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinoledad (Post 33174)
I'm extremely happy with it. No I haven't had a previous gryphon but I had a bully dog programmer for an 07 and the SCT with custom tunes makes it look like a little puppy. Also I have notices close to about 2MPG increase.

I would like to buy it now. When i do upgrade my axle ratio later on this year do you know if i will need custom tunes or will i be able to adjust the ratio with the original custom tunes? Thanks for all of your feedback!:cheesy smile:

martinoledad Fri, May 14th, 2010 05:36 PM

That I don't know. I would call and ask bill about that unless someone else knows.

gp1300r Tue, May 18th, 2010 10:59 AM

:matt-roloff: anything :whistle1:

ticopowell Tue, August 31st, 2010 12:36 AM

FYI: the 09-10 Gryphon CS and CTS are released! order away! :D