Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Can I custom tune a PHP custom tune? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7064)

Evil150 Tue, August 30th, 2011 11:56 PM

Can I custom tune a PHP custom tune?

Probably a bad way of describing it in the title but when I go to my custom 91 performance tune on my Gryphon it asks if I would like to make any custom changes, then the whole PHP is not responsible message shows up. Would it be bad for me to firm up my shifts or adjust the WOT Throttle? How can I make my custom 91 tune more aggressive? I have an Airaid intake, and Super 44 muffler on my 05 5.4L F-150 on 22's... Just wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks!

cleatus12r Wed, August 31st, 2011 06:44 AM

Yes.

We aren't perfect and sometimes the customer is the only one who can really get things exactly the way they want them. Also, every truck is going to respond just a little bit differently to tuning changes so Bill leaves the custom option intact so the end user can fine tune certain things.

Jackpine Wed, August 31st, 2011 11:13 AM

Just make "small" changes - don't go crazy on this. For instance, Bill has already done things to "firm up" your shifts. I would not recommend going above +10 on these, and I'd start at maybe +4. I would not move the WOT shift points above 5100, because your torque and HP are already dropping above 5000. Don't set the rev limit to above 5500, because you're starting to get torque converter ballooning above 5400.

You could raise the part throttle upshift/downshift and torque converter unlock/lock points if you want to keep the engine at higher revs longer. You can pretty much go to the limits here if it makes you happy.

I'd leave the WOT fuel alone. Other people who've changed it have had problems, and I think Bill has that dialed in right anyway.

Don't make aggressive changes to the spark advance either.

- Jack

Evil150 Wed, August 31st, 2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 51077)
Just make "small" changes - don't go crazy on this. For instance, Bill has already done things to "firm up" your shifts. I would not recommend going above +10 on these, and I'd start at maybe +4. I would not move the WOT shift points above 5100, because your torque and HP are already dropping above 5000. Don't set the rev limit to above 5500, because you're starting to get torque converter ballooning above 5400.

You could raise the part throttle upshift/downshift and torque converter unlock/lock points if you want to keep the engine at higher revs longer. You can pretty much go to the limits here if it makes you happy.

I'd leave the WOT fuel alone. Other people who've changed it have had problems, and I think Bill has that dialed in right anyway.

Don't make aggressive changes to the spark advance either.

- Jack

Thanks a bunch! I'm happy with my original custom tune I just wanted to try a couple different things for a change!

88Racing Fri, September 2nd, 2011 03:46 PM

X2.....on leaving the WOT alone.....

jmt0645 Sat, October 8th, 2011 12:48 PM

all i've had to do to mine is bump the firmness up +3