Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1997 to 2003 F-150 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   having a brain fart... (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7512)

Uncle Tue, December 6th, 2011 09:18 PM

having a brain fart...

Ok, I had to send my Gryphon back to PHP, I was having trouble switching custom tunes. Long story short, Bill sent me a new Gryphon (b&w model) so I finally got a chance to put it in the truck last night. Went to program my custom 93 performance tune, and it was only showing the basic tunes not my custom tunes I had before. How do I get those back?I know I have a cd with the program I need to install. I just switched jobs so all that stuff is scattered, but I can find it. Any insight for this dimwitt? Thanks! Wayne

88Racing Tue, December 6th, 2011 11:23 PM

Go here>>> Power Hungry Performance - Customer Support

You'll find a download for Pegasus .....

Jackpine Wed, December 7th, 2011 09:12 AM

The older (pre-04) model Gryphons don't allow their menus to be changed by Bill. Anyway, here's how you check to see if the custom tunes are installed:
Any programmer with a Product Number that looks like --> Ex.xx.xx <-- is an older platform unit. And, on those units, if the last 2 digits are "99" then it is always a custom file.

So, an older model Gryphon with a Product Number that looks like "Ex.xx.99" has custom tunes.
I think you find the product number by following this menu path: [Diagnostics] -> [Tech Support] -> [Version Info] (or something like it).

And, as 88 said, if you need to install the custom tunes, you'll use Pegasus [Updates]->[Custom File Download]. But, Bill may have to put your new programmer's serial number into the database for that to work. If you DO already have the custom tunes installed (I think you should), don't try to update it with Pegasus, you could easily wipe out the installed custom tunes.

- Jack

Uncle Fri, December 30th, 2011 11:45 AM

Ok, it doesn't seem to be a new Gryphon, it looks like the same serial number on this one. I plugged it into the truck, and my HEX code is the same as well. I found my Pegasus disk, loaded the program and tried to find my custom tunes to no availe. Does Bill have to upload them to the server again?

Sorry for all the questions. I swear i did this all fine the first time with no issues.. i am so gun shy with the truck right now, just want to be extra sure i don't hose something up. Spent $1600 on a new PCM last week, and just want my horsepower back!! :)

Thanks!:cheesy smile:

Longshot270 Mon, January 2nd, 2012 11:08 PM

Have you gone to the [Custom File Download (internet)] in the Options menu of Pegasus?

Uncle Mon, January 9th, 2012 11:45 AM

Yes, i think i figured it out. When my truck locked up when i had the problem with the cable issue, Bill uploaded a PCM recover file to the network that i then downloaded and downloaded. It looks like the PCM recovery file is the one it grabs when i click on Custom File Download.

Is there anyway to ask Bill if he can put my custom tunes back on the server so i can retrieve them?

88Racing Mon, January 9th, 2012 01:21 PM

Left a note for php.....

Uncle Mon, January 16th, 2012 04:25 PM

Downloaded the tunes today during lunch and am back in business! Thanks for everyones help! :cheesy smile: