Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Where are you spending your summer? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4842)

Longshot270 Mon, July 5th, 2010 09:27 PM

Where are you spending your summer?

:sun:
So, as the title suggests, where is everyone spending their time this summer?

:beachgrin: :boat: :fishing: :camping: :overworked: :school: :recliner:

jimmyv13 Tue, July 6th, 2010 01:35 PM

I am up on Drummond Island in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Being a teacher allows me to spend 2 months up here fishing, playing in the mud and enjoying the local establishments from time to time.

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, July 6th, 2010 03:34 PM

We'll be here all summer. :sigh: Vacation will be in November. :cheesy smile: We're probably doing the annual Disney World trip -- it's become tradition!

osprey Tue, July 6th, 2010 04:57 PM

At 115* in the desert versus 85 to 90* in the mountains, I'll be spending more time in the mountains playing around, doing a little fishing, etc. Been thinking if there is money in the vacation fund of going to Yellowstone again, been nearly 25 years since I have been there.

BlackSTX Tue, July 6th, 2010 07:07 PM

Inside where's there's A/C! I never really worked a job that allowed me to enjoy A/C until now, so I'm a bit spoiled and rather reluctant to venture outside of the cool breezes for too long. My old central A/C unit was also from 1960 which made it almost unaffordable to run.

My wife also invested in a new pool, this one is about a foot wider and a foot deeper (making it about 6" wide and 1 1/2" deep) than the last one, which is still up in the rafters of the garage from winter. So if I'm outside, I'm likely to be relaxing by the pool with an ice cold adult beverage. :cool:

JWBFX4 Tue, July 6th, 2010 09:05 PM

Seems like most of my summer has been at work, but we have had some chances to get out on the lake and enjoy it some.

ChuckD Wed, July 7th, 2010 06:47 PM

I get to spend a week in SLC in Aug. I think it sure will beat the AZ heat.

ian51279 Fri, July 9th, 2010 01:57 PM

I've been in SoCal for work since January 11th and have at least 4 more weeks. Sometime after I get home I'm going to the Gulf for the weekend, I don't care about no stinkin' oil. I've been everywhere on the poll listed above just in the last few weeks. I can go from the Pacific Ocean to snow covered mountains to the desert in about 1.5 hours. When I'm home I like to get out on the Tennessee River or head down to Smith Lake with some friends.

Longshot270 Fri, July 9th, 2010 02:36 PM

Well any tarballs we get in texas is from mexico. BP is down stream from us so we dont see any of that stuff. But when you come to the gulf and see it looks like coffee, dont worry, thats the natural state of it. Whoever said the ocean was blue is full of....something. :hehe:

Robert6401 Fri, July 9th, 2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 36701)
We'll be here all summer. :sigh: Vacation will be in November. :cheesy smile: We're probably doing the annual Disney World trip -- it's become tradition!

Just got back from a Disney Trip ( We are regulars :cheesy smile: ). We will be back down for sure at Christmas-time and probably a shorter trip over Labor Day weekend! Going up to the Riffraff East truck rally in Newport, Tennessee, the last weekend of this month. We have a couple of work/play trips to the beach in August.