Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Great experience!!!! (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7132)

ranger332 Thu, September 15th, 2011 06:37 PM

Great experience!!!!

I have recently put a Gryphon programmer on my truck, I love it.:cheesy smile: Even before my custom tunes were in the programmer had paid for itself by letting me know that my engine was idleing too low by shwing a trouble code (P0506). A problem my stock program had learned to compensate for. After cleaning the MAF and throttle body spacer, both suggested by a new friend, the truck idles at 650rpm-700rpm rather than 400rpm-450rpm. The idle problem was causing some problems that I had attributed to other things. All these problems are now gone because of the simple home fix that I would have not known to do had it not been for the Gryphon. To me, because of that, I have recouped the money I paid for the Gryphon. :woot:

My custom tune arrived two weeks after my Gryphon (thanks Corey).:happy-dancing: It was very simple to download to the Gryphon using the Pegasus software. The tune written for my truck is awesome.:D Increased MPG, throttle reponse, torque, transmission performance and increased power throughout the rpm range are some of the benefits I've noticed so far. I was apprehensive about reprogramming the "brain" of my truck at first:matt-roloff:. With the support of a friend and PHP I had nothing to fear.:cool: Used correctly and reponsibly a Gryphon is on of the best investments you can make in you're truck.:)

Longshot270 Thu, September 15th, 2011 09:02 PM

Good to see. :thumbs up yellow: I've also been very grateful for the code reading/clearing feature. Kept me from getting stranded in city parks when my remote start didn't work right.

88Racing Tue, October 4th, 2011 01:47 PM

Kewl!:thumbs up yellow:

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, October 5th, 2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger332 (Post 51441)
I have recently put a Gryphon programmer on my truck, I love it.:cheesy smile: Even before my custom tunes were in the programmer had paid for itself by letting me know that my engine was idleing too low by shwing a trouble code (P0506). A problem my stock program had learned to compensate for. After cleaning the MAF and throttle body spacer, both suggested by a new friend, the truck idles at 650rpm-700rpm rather than 400rpm-450rpm. The idle problem was causing some problems that I had attributed to other things. All these problems are now gone because of the simple home fix that I would have not known to do had it not been for the Gryphon. To me, because of that, I have recouped the money I paid for the Gryphon. :woot:

My custom tune arrived two weeks after my Gryphon (thanks Corey).:happy-dancing: It was very simple to download to the Gryphon using the Pegasus software. The tune written for my truck is awesome.:D Increased MPG, throttle reponse, torque, transmission performance and increased power throughout the rpm range are some of the benefits I've noticed so far. I was apprehensive about reprogramming the "brain" of my truck at first:matt-roloff:. With the support of a friend and PHP I had nothing to fear.:cool: Used correctly and reponsibly a Gryphon is on of the best investments you can make in you're truck.:)

You just made my harrowing day considerably better. :cheesy smile: Thanks for the awesome post!

I'll make sure the guys see it!