Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Ford's latest Stragety VS PHP FICM tuning (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2648)

HeavyAssault Sat, December 26th, 2009 08:41 PM

Ford's latest Stragety VS PHP FICM tuning

Any concerns with the PHP FICM tuning and the latest FORD stragety? Will the PHP tuning need to be revised?

I'm still running an older PHP FICM tune with EXCELLENT results!!

Power Hungry Sat, December 26th, 2009 09:26 PM

Ford's latest ECM strategy hasn't shown to be a problem, at least not in relation to the FICM calibrations. What we have seen is that the overall performance of the latest ECM calibrations seems to be rather poor, although there are a few reports that the new VXCF9 (2005-2007 vehicles) has worked okay. I'm not sure if this is a hit or miss issues as some vehicles have experienced poor performance with these strategies.

In any event, I wouldn't worry to much about the FICM. Just avoid getting the latest ECM reflash if at all possible.

eabrust Sun, December 27th, 2009 08:18 AM

Bill,

Any update you can provide on the ability for the Gryphon to update ECM strategy and FICM programming? I thought I saw a message a while back where you eluded the capability is upcoming :drool2: Please say it will be true! :shrug:

I'm still stuck with a VXCF7H3 strategy in my ECM, and a PHP updated FICM that is sitting on the shelf because of the poor cold startup and rough idle problem, even though I've verified the FICM has a solid 48VDC coming out of the DC converter end (and the FICM worked great prior to tuning, with latest Ford inductive heat program).

Hope you're having a happy holidays!

Regards,
Eric Brust

Power Hungry Sun, December 27th, 2009 11:30 AM

Eric,

I am working on that code this week to get the last little buggies worked out. :2thumbs: Keep an eye out for the post later this week/early next week. :D

k2davis1 Sun, January 31st, 2010 07:37 PM

I have the old VXCF4 and have been reading about some of the new features on VXCF9 and was thinking about updating. You advise against this? I also read that when it updates the ECM it will automatically do the FICM too, if it is outta date. An update wont be worth it to me if I loose my FICM tune.

Jeremy Mon, February 1st, 2010 09:38 AM

What are you hearing are the benifits to the VXCF9? You cannot flash to the VXCF9 with out losing your FICM program. Do you have a spare FICM you could put in place and then flash it? Then you could put your PHP FICM back in.

4x4chase Wed, March 17th, 2010 01:07 PM

Would it be wise to have my stock truck reflashed with the 9 series BEFORE I have your tuning done?? I currently have the VXCF4 series, and dont seem to be having a problem other than it runs "rich" on cold starts when I let it idle to warm up?:shrug:

Jeremy Thu, March 18th, 2010 12:24 PM

I don't think so, VXCF4 is a better base program to start with. So IMHO I would'nt flash your truck.

rodeoclown Mon, March 22nd, 2010 12:39 PM

Not sure what to do????

:hmmm:I hope someone can tell me if be better to reprogram or flash.. my code is VXBC92... or if this a proper code....thanks

Jeremy Tue, March 23rd, 2010 09:51 AM

2004? That is a correct code, but I don't know if its a good one or not. Bill would have to answer that one.