Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rough Idle (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4729)

jmocelts22 Wed, June 16th, 2010 03:04 PM

Rough Idle

I have a 2008 w/ a 5.4 and an edge evo that i run on level 2. I have noticed that the truck will have a slight shake to it when idling that it did not have before. I am not sure if there is a setting that can help this or if it is just the nature of the beast. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong.
Thanks

Jackpine Wed, June 16th, 2010 03:17 PM

I've never noticed anything like this in my truck. Does the shake go away if your set the tune level to stock or Level 1?

You COULD be experiencing an effect of a dirty MAF, but I really wouldn't expect this in a 2008 truck.

- Jack

Longshot270 Wed, June 16th, 2010 03:53 PM

Mine is a 4.6 and does the same thing but always has. You could try fixing it by raising the idle speed a little bit.

88Racing Thu, June 17th, 2010 07:07 AM

How long have you had the edge?
Are you running a cold air intake?
How many miles on the truck?

jmocelts22 Thu, June 17th, 2010 08:43 AM

I have had the edge for about two weeks. I pretty much run it on level 2 all the time and i never noticed it on stock. I have done a Gotts mod w/ an AEM dry flow filter and magnaflow muffler. I only have 17,500 miles on the truck.

I dont think it is a big deal but it just runs soooo much different than it did stock that I dont know hos it should run. When it idles down it is arond 600 rpms. It feels like it has a slight lag when driving @ slow speeds sometimes like it loses power for a split second. @ WOT it seems to run strong.

88Racing Thu, June 17th, 2010 08:54 AM

Like Longshot said you may want to bump the idle up.
Right now the new program that you loaded is making the trucks computer relearn and that could ne causing the low idle.

lbjailer Mon, August 16th, 2010 09:18 AM

Rough Idle on Level 2

Since I have been experiencing the same issue, I have noticed that most of the rough idle issues myself and others seem to be experienced on level 2. Maybe the level 2 tune needs to checked out. Unfortunately, it is an intermittent issue and may be difficult to target to reason.

88Racing Mon, August 16th, 2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbjailer (Post 38178)
Since I have been experiencing the same issue, I have noticed that most of the rough idle issues myself and others seem to be experienced on level 2. Maybe the level 2 tune needs to checked out. Unfortunately, it is an intermittent issue and may be difficult to target to reason.

Are you referring to edges canned tunes, Gryphon canned tunes or custom tunes?

lbjailer Mon, August 16th, 2010 12:29 PM

rough idle

I am using a Gryphon with custom tunes, a converted Edge.

88Racing Mon, August 16th, 2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbjailer (Post 38187)
I am using a Gryphon with custom tunes, a converted Edge.

Posted a note for PHP about your problem.