Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   how to tune (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5272)

2006nytro Wed, September 22nd, 2010 08:38 PM

how to tune

ok im new here and i want to learn how tuneing works? and the HUEI works? the hole 9 yards.

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, September 22nd, 2010 08:48 PM

That's pretty open-ended. You may want to be a little more specific. ;) I'm sure it would be impossible for any of our Minotaur customers, Cody, or Bill to explain it all in one post.

Longshot270 Wed, September 22nd, 2010 08:53 PM

Yeah, your gonna want to get the whole 9 yards a few inches at a time. I would start by browsing through this Minotaur forum just to see what the most popular topics are about.

907DAVE Wed, September 22nd, 2010 11:26 PM

Lots of great info packed in the Minotaur section!

Ohh and...........Welcome!

cleatus12r Thu, September 23rd, 2010 10:00 AM

I've been talking with Dustin quite extensively over the past few nights and told him to get over here and start asking.

I'll do a write up for you within the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

F-127 Thu, September 23rd, 2010 10:24 AM

Welcome,
I think this is a pretty good start point. Diesel Technician Society

I'd check through the 94-98 7.3 pamphlet first, it does a decent job of explaining the HEUI system, and you can learn general stuff about the engine as well. I only found the website about a week ago, so I've been reading through the different ones lately, strangely, I find them more interesting than school work.

2006nytro Fri, September 24th, 2010 11:37 PM

ok cool any help would be great next year i want to invest in one and screan shots and help anything would be great. u guys need one that workes like a game that u can test on just a little tutorial on it. help people alot

Pocket Sat, September 25th, 2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2006nytro (Post 39551)
ok cool any help would be great next year i want to invest in one and screan shots and help anything would be great. u guys need one that workes like a game that u can test on just a little tutorial on it. help people alot

The best way to start off is by looking at the tunes you get with the Minotaur package. Make small changes to see how it affects the truck, and you'll learn what works and what doesn't.

If you make small changes to one or two tables at a time, you'll learn how those individual tables work. You'll also learn how changing one table can affect others. Once you figure that out and really understand how the tables function, then you can start making more changes and gain confidence.

Took me for freaking ever to start getting confident in my tuning. I would make a tiny adjustment, then sweat bullets when I cranked the truck hoping I wasn't blowing up the engine. But now I'm much more confident in my tuning, and actually enjoy some of the tunes I've created for myself.