Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   won't smog bills tune smokes to much HELP (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9427)

epowers777 Sat, October 27th, 2012 06:19 PM

won't smog bills tune smokes to much HELP

My 99 f350 has stage 2 single shot injector an Bill tuned my ecu to pass smog with 25hp tow tune. it smokes more without my chip. I really need Bills help I'm seriously in a bad spot right know.
failed snap test (smoke less with the chip in plus idles funny sometimes. cleats fixed problem with chip)
iI need a tune thatdoesn't smoke iIdon't care if it drives crazy slow. iI need it as stock as possible tun. ett

TwinTurbo Sat, October 27th, 2012 08:08 PM

Maybe you have mechanical issues that a tune won't fix, as much trouble as you've been having. Put it back to stock and be done with it.

epowers777 Sat, October 27th, 2012 09:26 PM

I really want to but injectors are over 1000. it runs great when the chip is plugged in. I'm just going to smog it in Oregon. I'm tired of messing with it. What's funny is when iI romp on it with the tune billput on the ecm it won't smoke at all. but when irev it up it smokes?

sorry typing on cell

epowers777 Sat, October 27th, 2012 09:29 PM

my phone is stupid I'm going to register it in Oregon at my friends house.

epowers777 Sun, October 28th, 2012 06:08 PM

Ok so iI put my fu chip back in and performed my own snap test. It seems to smoke less with my 80 hp eco tune. took the chip out and it smoke more during the snap test. without the chip it idles ruffer.
Bill did you use the tune that cleatus modified to help my idle?

if it's not the tune what could it be it runs awesome.

thanks Eric

TwinTurbo Sun, October 28th, 2012 06:20 PM

Forgive me for sounding ignorant but we don't have emission testing (Thank Goodness) so I dont know the procedure, but do they actually remove the cover and look at the ECM to make sure there's no chip? cant you leave it tuned to the one you think it will pass on and just remove/hide the cord and switch?

epowers777 Sun, October 28th, 2012 11:56 PM

no iI tried that already. One guy pulled my dash apart. My pcm was re flashed by Bill with the 25hp heavy tow tune. iI have the same tune in my chip. but with the chip in it smokes less. I'm sure bill won't help me so I'll just buy a cat and put it on. This has been going on for a year. iIwish iIcould go back to stock.

rammertide07 Mon, October 29th, 2012 10:03 AM

I'm sure someone would be willing to swap for stock sticks/pcm:cheesy smile:

unfortunately, this forum has died down...even though there never really was a lot of traffic. Usually a moderator will drop Bill or Cody a line...but I hardly see moderators here either. Have you tried calling or emailing Bill directly?