Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest News (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   04-08 F-150 Manual Updated (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706)

Corey Cohron RIP Sun, August 23rd, 2009 09:34 PM

04-08 F-150 Manual Updated

Finally finished up the new and improved manual for the 05-08 F150 Gryphon. It can be downloaded HERE. If you happen to find any typos, please let me know so that they can be fixed! :thank you:

88Racing Sun, August 23rd, 2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 14337)
Finally finished up the new and improved manual for the 05-08 F150 Gryphon. It can be downloaded HERE. If you happen to find any typos, please let me know so that they can be fixed! :thank you:

Typo in your post. Should be "04-08".

Lars:2thumbs:

Corey Cohron RIP Sun, August 23rd, 2009 10:24 PM

Gee, thanks. :o

WoodWacker Mon, August 24th, 2009 03:39 PM

New Manual

Hello from the Left Coast.

You asked for errors to the manual so here are 3 that I found. P21; next to the red=50% diaplay refers to the image to the LEFT but the image is really on the RIGHT. Page 23; similar item but refers to screen to the RIGHT but it is to the LEFT. Page 26; under the heading of "DISPLAY REMAINS ON WITH KEY OFF" has battery misspelled 3 times.

On another note I downloaded my 'tunes' yesterday and in doing so I pushed the "enter" key before disconnecting the Gryphon from the USB port. Is that a problem? I see references to it on this forum but no explanation as to what is bad about doing so.

I won't get to program my truck until this weekend as I want to get some baseline 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers first. Then I'll be logging changes as I note them.

Thanks for the 'tunes' and this forum.

WoodWacker :2thumbs:

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, August 24th, 2009 06:59 PM

Thank you! I'd already gotten a message about the battery thing (where the heck was my head? :doh:), and I just fixed the other two.

You now have an additional $150 Gameroom cash for your help! :cheesy smile:

About the [ENTER] thing, I honestly don't know. I'll have to run it past Bill.

So glad you're liking the forum and find it useful!

88Racing Tue, August 25th, 2009 01:00 AM

Should there or shouldn't there be a warning for custum options menu?
Where as pertaining to the adjustment of ceratain parameters other than TS or GR. That they could have significant value changes due to not being a "canned" or "generic" tune anymore.
The only reason I bring this up is that there has been some miscommunication from some users that now have custom tunes that have tried to apply some of there shift points and other parameters to the new customs that Bill has wrote.

Lars

OneTomcat Tue, August 25th, 2009 06:39 AM

PRODUCTS THAT ARE RETURNED IN A
USED CONDITION ARE SUBJECT TO A 15% FEE AT THE DISCREPANCY OF
POWER HUNGRY PERFORMANCE.

Shouldn't that read "at the discretion of"?

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, August 25th, 2009 05:47 PM

Where the heck did I put THAT? :doh: I'll fix it if you tell me where the mistake can be found, TomCat. (At least it's correct on the website. :o)

OneTomcat Tue, August 25th, 2009 07:24 PM

In your original post, where it says "It can be downloaded here". I downloaded the pdf file and found it on page 5. :)

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, August 25th, 2009 07:37 PM

:hehe: Oh, that was bad... and I SO hate it when people misuse big words. Where the heck was my head that day? :crazy: Wish I'd caught that one before sending out five programmers this week! :o $150 Gameroom Cash for the help! :thankyou: