Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   FICM compatability (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400)

mr.c Tue, February 3rd, 2009 12:48 PM

FICM compatability

The dealer reflashed my '04 F350 6.0L after they told me that they wouldn't. I took it in with the buzz flash and it left without the buzz flash and a huge loss of power and about a mpg loss. My Autoengineuity scanner shows a VXBC9N8 calibration. I assume that is the inductive heat flash. I am interested in your FICM tuning so that I can get back the truck that I bought that had power. I am not interested in modding the truck. I just want the original power back. The truck is completely stock and it will probably remain so. It is a 11/03 manufacture date. I bought a spare FICM a couple of days ago. It is from a '06. Can that FICM work in my '04 with your flash? Or have I wasted some money?

Jeremy Tue, February 3rd, 2009 03:28 PM

Any FICM for 03-07 will work. So just send your new one to Bill and He'll flash it and send it back to you. I think you'll be suprised how much power has been flashed away since 11 of 2003....your orginal build date.

Corey Cohron RIP Sun, February 8th, 2009 09:18 PM

Bill says the '06 FICM should be a problem to reflash. :D

Jackpine Mon, February 9th, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 3206)
Bill says the '06 FICM should be a problem to reflash. :D

Corey, did you mean to say this? Somehow, it seems an odd way to answer. Perhaps you meant "shouldn't"?

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, February 9th, 2009 08:56 PM

:smiley_roll1: Thank goodness I have you to watch my back, Jack. Yes, it SHOULDN'T be a problem, and we SHOULD be shipping it back to you tomorrow, mr.c!

JENSEN Fri, March 6th, 2009 09:35 AM

groovey chick how long does it take to get a ficm back from programming? my ficm went bad and im looking for a later model used one (06-07 only because its newer and might not go bad as fast as say a 03model) and i would like to get it hopped up instead of fords detuned flashes. also any leads on ficms? does php sell ficms already tuned.

Power Hungry Fri, March 6th, 2009 08:35 PM

Unfortunately, we do not have any FICMs available at this time. Your best bet is to go on line and check Craig's List or some of the online salvage yards.

FICM turnaround is usually same day or at worst 24 hours.

Take care.

crewray Wed, June 3rd, 2009 09:52 PM

Hi, was looking at a few FICM's on ebay just out intrest to see how much $$ they are, most vendors say you have to send your PCM to them to '' marry up " to the FICM (or vice versa) which makes me think you cannot simply go to the bone yard and grab a FICM and put it in your truck.

I was going to do what the first person in this thread did, buy a spare FICM and send it off to be reprogrammed so I dont lay up my truck but now Im unsure. I was going to try and get a early (03-04) unit thinking it might not have been reflashed by Ford and try it first but Im afraid I'll mess some costly electronics up.

My buddy owns a wrecking yard and aways gives me first pick on new arrivals and says I can have a FICM for a $100 any year which I thought I would install first to try for fun but like I said earlier Im unsure if that can be done without problems.

Gord.

John Anderson Thu, June 4th, 2009 08:51 PM

They can be mixed and matched. There will be a code thrown saying the ficm doesn't match the pcm, but it doesn't set the check engine light nor cause any problems at all.

sonic blue l Thu, June 4th, 2009 09:46 PM

anyone know what a amz2al09 ficm would be? I know its for a 04 engine and probably is pre inductive heating, pre post buzz.

I might send that one in for a program as testing shows it appears to be a good ficm.

My problem is the shiping back and forth from Canada to the U.S

Whats typical turn around time on ficms?