Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Custom Tune Question (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3035)

Carolinaboy Sun, January 31st, 2010 03:53 PM

Custom Tune Question

Ok so I've just joined here I don't know if this is the right spot to post this question or not, but here it goes. I have a 2004 F150 FX4 Screw. I have a gryphon and that's the only performance upgrade I have. I am going to be running true dual 18" Dynomax Bullets 45'd out the back here soon. Then upgrading to AEM Brute force or S&B CAI.

SO my question is how do I go about getting a custom tune? I do 80% road driving and occasionally go off roading when hunting or shooting out in the fields. So most likely I would do a 87 performance tune, I've heard great things about that. So what do I need to do ?

Thanks in advace :D

Jackpine Sun, January 31st, 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolinaboy (Post 23877)
Ok so I've just joined here I don't know if this is the right spot to post this question or not, but here it goes. I have a 2004 F150 FX4 Screw. I have a gryphon and that's the only performance upgrade I have. I am going to be running true dual 18" Dynomax Bullets 45'd out the back here soon. Then upgrading to AEM Brute force or S&B CAI.

SO my question is how do I go about getting a custom tune? I do 80% road driving and occasionally go off roading when hunting or shooting out in the fields. So most likely I would do a 87 performance tune, I've heard great things about that. So what do I need to do ?

Thanks in advace :D

It's simple - You just fill out this form and email it to PHP: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...20Signable.pdf Essentailly, just say on the form what you said here. If you plan to install a CAI, you'll need to say that, but I would not install the CAI until you have the tune.

Until you get your custom tune, you just leave the Gryphon in your truck and continue using whichever canned tune you are using now.

- Jack

Carolinaboy Sun, January 31st, 2010 10:32 PM

How much is the custom tune?

88Racing Sun, January 31st, 2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolinaboy (Post 23896)
How much is the custom tune?

I'm not authorized to say.
But $30-$60.
And probably closer to $30 because you don't have extreme mods.

Dfishrmn Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 23898)
I'm not authorized to say.
But $30-$60.
And probably closer to $30 because you don't have extreme mods.

FYI only
I just ordered a 93 Performance tune and cost was $60. My only mod is the Gotts intake and a Magnaflow muffler.

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfishrmn (Post 24091)
FYI only
I just ordered a 93 Performance tune and cost was $60. My only mod is the Gotts intake and a Magnaflow muffler.

Thanks for the info!
I was just going by their website pricing.

Jackpine Wed, February 3rd, 2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfishrmn (Post 24091)
FYI only

I THINK that is because you either ordered a "stand alone" custom tune on a Gryphon you have had for a while or you got the tune as part of the conversion from an Edge to a Gryphon. I believe that if you get a Gryphon direct from PHP and pay for the tunes you expect to get at time of ordering, they are only $30 each as long as you don't have extreme mods.

- Jack

Carolinaboy Wed, February 3rd, 2010 05:14 PM

Do I have to send in my Gryphon ?

OneTomcat Wed, February 3rd, 2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolinaboy (Post 24155)
Do I have to send in my Gryphon ?

No, Bill will write up the tune, let you know when it's ready and you will be able to download it to your Gryphon with Pegasus.

Carolinaboy Wed, February 3rd, 2010 05:50 PM

ok that is what I thought ! Thanks !