Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Splash Screens (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Free Gryphon Splash Screens! (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1519)

teeroy Mon, July 27th, 2009 08:26 PM

Free Gryphon Splash Screens!

5 Attachment(s)
hey peoples... i got bored and made up some spash screens for our gryphons. i was a digital artist by trade so no biggie to make these and give away.

i made 1 saleen and 2 rousch ones so far. all i ask is that you snap a pic and upload to this thread :D

(note: b versions are inverted colors in case you want it)

enjoy!

teeroy Mon, July 27th, 2009 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more...

Power Hungry Mon, July 27th, 2009 09:09 PM

Teeroy.... thanks for sharing those! It's always nice to have creative people who can contribute. :2thumbs:

teeroy Mon, July 27th, 2009 10:33 PM

:cool_beans: no problem Bill! i'll keep posting as i finish others. im open to requests...

4x4king Mon, July 27th, 2009 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another free splash screen :2thumbs:

4x4king Tue, July 28th, 2009 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This one to...

4x4king Tue, July 28th, 2009 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One More lol

Jackpine Tue, July 28th, 2009 10:40 AM

Nice work, 4x4king! :thumbs up yellow:

- Jack

4x4king Tue, July 28th, 2009 10:51 AM

Thanks, Glad you like them as soon as i make more Ill post them. :)

Longshot270 Tue, July 28th, 2009 04:05 PM

haha, glad to know Im not the only one who gets bored and draws on the computer. Dont have too many uploaded right now, but have a few in a photo album.
:thumbs up yellow:

they aren't high quality since I'm not used to small pictures but bill liked a few of them. Still having trouble getting words to look right so I've been staying away from that.

4x4king Tue, July 28th, 2009 05:10 PM

your tellin me it takes forever to get the words right. the three i did took about 45min a piece i wish the was a faster way lol. what program r u using i made mine in paint.

Longshot270 Tue, July 28th, 2009 05:22 PM

Paint.net

Its like a mix between paint and photoshop. I use it only because of layers, I can draw something out and if I dont like it I just delete that layer.:2thumbs: Like the one I'm working on now, adding my initials and CB handle to the gryphon picture and Im using layers to get fonts, sizes and positions right.

If you like playing around with stuff on the computer I'd look into the paint.net, I got it because I lost paint on my old computer and just stumbled onto it...plus its free and havent had any viruses from it.:thumbs up yellow:

4x4king Tue, July 28th, 2009 05:27 PM

Well i have photoshop CS4 but i dont know what the hell im doing lol. ill try paint.net Thanks

Longshot270 Tue, July 28th, 2009 05:40 PM

yeah, all I knew how to use was paint until I took a comp. tech class where we learned how to use photoshop. Had a hard time adapting because there is more you can do it just takes the know how to do it(which the teacher didnt give easy), I still cant do some of the fancier things in photoshop. The teacher even asked me if wispering profanity at the computer was helping. Guess it did because I passed. :hehe: Now I use paint.net for everything because its a mix of both (but more on the photoshop side.)

4x4king Tue, July 28th, 2009 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres another splash screen. i edited this one off the the php website.

Longshot270 Tue, July 28th, 2009 10:21 PM

Did you type or draw "F-150"? I'm still just typing with fonts unless its supposed to look like its drawn (like the "off road" one I did)

4x4king Wed, July 29th, 2009 01:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I drew the letters it takes awhile i havent tried typing them yet.

Here's another one.

4x4king Wed, July 29th, 2009 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Free Splash Screen

4x4king Wed, July 29th, 2009 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another...

chester8420 Wed, July 29th, 2009 11:18 PM

Easiest way to make splash screens is with paint. Save any picture as a monochrome bitmap and you have an instant splash screen. Just have to get the size right.

Longshot270 Thu, July 30th, 2009 09:18 AM

^^thats a good idea, didn't think of saving a picture.:thumbs up yellow: Had to do that to make my personal screen though. Some greys snuck in there somewhere and had to get them out. lol

Longshot270 Fri, July 31st, 2009 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody like this one?

Power Hungry Sun, August 2nd, 2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chester8420 (Post 13001)
Easiest way to make splash screens is with paint. Save any picture as a monochrome bitmap and you have an instant splash screen. Just have to get the size right.

Keep in mind that in paint, anything that is not "white" in a color image will be considered black when converting to monochrome. This is a pain in the tush when trying to work with color images such as logos and such. Half the time it's almost easier to just make the whole thing by hand.

Good luck! :2thumbs:

Longshot270 Sun, August 2nd, 2009 06:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
^yep, found that out the hard way.:doh:lol

BTW here are two more off road ones, they are the same except one has the colors inverted.

Longshot270 Mon, August 3rd, 2009 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here's 3 more. feel free to offer opinions

06KingRanch Thu, August 27th, 2009 03:25 AM

Hey great job on the splash screens.

Don't suppose you could do up a 6.4 Turbo Diesel one?

Longshot270 Thu, August 27th, 2009 06:41 AM

Sure, no prob, any specific designs or looks?

Oh and Im guessing you have a gryphon? (Just to make sure)

Longshot270 Thu, August 27th, 2009 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a general screen that just says "6.4 Turbo Diesel". I have another coming up that is dressed up better and has the pic of a turbo, its gonna look good. Should come out this afternoon or friday. :D

Longshot270 Thu, August 27th, 2009 09:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Alright, is this kinda what your looking for?:skeptic: I can do all kinds of stuff, just check my profile and there is an album with just splash screens that I've made. Bill even put my first two on the website support page:happy-dancing: and I have really improved since then.

*BTW, both attached items are the same. Just the one that you cant see should be the only one that works on your programmer.

Note to Bill-Should I get into selling these? Just moved to college and could use a little extra cash. LOL

fordkindaguy Sat, October 3rd, 2009 07:44 PM

Any chance you can get somethin up for a 4.6L V8? that would be awesome

Longshot270 Sun, October 4th, 2009 01:31 PM

I started on a 4.6 screen back in july since my truck is a 4.6, kinda put that off to the side and forgot about it. Keep an eye on my profile picture folder called splash screens and one of these threads (usually cant remember which one I was on :notallthere: ). I'll be workin on it in my spare time now that I made my own gryphon that turned out ok. :thumbs up yellow:

Also to fordkindaguy, is there anything specific you want on it besides 4.6 somewhere? I usually put gryphon or PHP on it somewhere anyways to fill up empty space. I'm open to picture ideas.

fordkindaguy Sun, October 4th, 2009 06:43 PM

Hey I really like the ford racing one you have, so if you can work magic and put the two together! :cool_beans:

Longshot270 Sun, October 4th, 2009 07:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok...how about these two. They each have their own style of 4.6 V8 text. Im still thinking about more. So far I'm liking the 3rd, any other opinions to add? :nerd: lol

fordkindaguy Sun, October 4th, 2009 10:26 PM

Awesome man! :happy-dancing:haha i like the middle and far right the most:2thumbs:... Now i have to set the timer so it stays just a bit longer when i start up the truck! oh and i should be gettin my custom tunes tomorrow :woot:

Longshot270 Mon, October 5th, 2009 06:46 AM

I set mine to the maximum 10 sec. Ha, that ford racing was one of the first screens I made and I've never even loaded it onto my programmer. :giggle:

fordkindaguy Mon, October 5th, 2009 01:45 PM

I keep trying to use this image but it keeps saying must be black and white only and wont load:notallthere: looks pretty black and white to me

Power Hungry Mon, October 5th, 2009 04:58 PM

When it's saying black and white, it means that it must be a 2 bit monochrome BMP file, not just a "black and white" file. The software is quite particular and doesn't have the ability to convert files based on what it thinks is black or white.

Hope that makes sense.

Longshot270 Mon, October 5th, 2009 06:06 PM

Ok :doh:, which one did you want, I'll convert it and send it to you.

fordkindaguy Mon, October 5th, 2009 06:36 PM

haha no problem, the far right one! :cheesy smile: thanks again

Longshot270 Mon, October 5th, 2009 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
try this one. I'm pretty sure this one will work.

dplummer87 Thu, October 29th, 2009 01:33 PM

What is the purpose of these?

88Racing Thu, October 29th, 2009 02:11 PM

So when you turn your key on just before you start the truck you can impress yourself and your friends.
J/K
Its just a neat way to have a personal touch in your gryphon when you start your truck. Takes the place of the PHP gryphon logo.
Lars

XPerties Tue, November 3rd, 2009 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my attempt at 2, just playing around. I'm going to do some better ones tomorrow.

Longshot270 Tue, November 3rd, 2009 07:05 PM

haha nice xperties. If your planning on doing a bunch, open a new album that way when someone looks at your profile they are all right there, no digging. You'll just have to save as a jpeg.:thumbs up yellow:

XPerties Tue, November 3rd, 2009 07:41 PM

Gotcha...I did notice that when I do the original in photoshop if I save it as a png and then open in paint and convert the text turns out much better.

I guess uploading as bmp isn't allowed. Maybe one of the mods can change the settings in the backend of the forums admin section but for now I'll just upload them in jpg.

88Racing Tue, November 3rd, 2009 08:22 PM

Only Bill and Corey along with Enom can change the upload settings.
You could do a screen shot and save to photoshop or print screen and save as pdf.
IMO
Lars

Longshot270 Tue, November 3rd, 2009 08:24 PM

Yeah, I had issues with it at first. But with the process I'm using right now, I have to save a copy as a single layer jpeg and then save that copy as a bitmap. So I have one of each anyways.

XPerties Wed, November 4th, 2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 17302)
Only Bill and Corey along with Enom can change the upload settings.
You could do a screen shot and save to photoshop or print screen and save as pdf.
IMO
Lars

Enom...yuck for a host. I always wondered why the DNS reversed back to a long sub-domain.

They should move to a proper host which would allow them to control more aspect of the DNS and PHP code and it would still support frontpage extensions which it seems Cory uses. I owed my own hosting company for 6 years before banking out and selling so I know a little about this type of thing.

I think what I'll do is create a script that auto loads all the bmp in a display, kinda like a gallery, and just link it from my sig to my site.

MattyBoy1 Wed, April 18th, 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4king (Post 12924)
Another Free Splash Screen

Is this file you posted the correct format to use for the Gryphon? I love the look of this splash screen and just wanted to make sure its ready to go for upload as is. Thanks!

iHellFire Wed, April 25th, 2012 11:40 PM

Can someone make a Browning Buckmark load up screen?