Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Extremely Hard WOT Shift 1-2 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3730)

MileHigh04SCREW Fri, May 14th, 2010 07:20 PM

Before I get too excited, is there a visual/text indication that I have custom vs canned tunes loaded?

Longshot270 Fri, May 14th, 2010 09:11 PM

Good :2thumbs:

To attatch pictures, while you are typing your post there is a little paper clip. Click on that. After you have attatched the images you can click on it again and insert them. They will be small but it will be fine. Be sure that they are 640x480 pixels. Lookin' forward to 'em.

MileHigh04SCREW Fri, May 14th, 2010 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent. Here's the love of my life.

How do you confirm customs have been loaded?

Longshot270 Fri, May 14th, 2010 10:22 PM

From the Main Menu, go into either the diagnostics or setup (cant remember at the moment :doh:), then tech support and version info. If it looks like "1.x.xxxx" then it is a canned tune and if it has "0.x.xxxx" then it is custom. :thumbs up yellow:

Jackpine Fri, May 14th, 2010 10:30 PM

Nice looking truck. Longshot told you what to look for. I think it's called "Calibration" in the Version screen.

- Jack

MileHigh04SCREW Sat, May 15th, 2010 01:55 PM

I'm guessing I still have canned tunes...

MileHigh04SCREW Sat, May 15th, 2010 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a pic of the screen

Jackpine Sat, May 15th, 2010 02:47 PM

Nice picture! You have custom tunes, not canned. Your model Gryphon is an older one, which is normally found on pre-04 trucks. Here's how you tell if they're custom tunes on that platform:
Any programmer with a Product Number that looks like --> Ex.xx.xx <-- is an older platform unit and the Power Programming Menu display cannot be changed. And, on those units, if the last 2 digits are "99" then it is always a custom file.

So, an older model Gryphon with a Product Number that looks like "Ex.xx.99" like yours does, has custom tunes.
I'd have to do a lot of research to find out, so you can just tell me. Did you buy your unit as an Edge from someone and have it converted to a Gryphon? It looks like you have an 04 truck.

- Jack

MileHigh04SCREW Sat, May 15th, 2010 03:31 PM

Yes I did, my neighbor sold his Yellow 04' SuperCrew and I picked up a Red one within a month. He sold me his Edge, but I already had a Volant CAI and Cat-Back Magnaflow SIDO exhaust. Very first thing I did was contact PHP, never looked back.

I've played around on f150forum/online.com and those guys are great, but the crew that hold loyalty to PowerHungry just cannot be beat. You guys are the best. I will start posting all my mods shortly (now that I know how to post images!)

Thanks again!
~milehigh