Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upgrade your Evo (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Evolution problem (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3060)

DarkShadowSTX Tue, February 2nd, 2010 10:47 AM

Evolution problem

I have had the code P061F Internal Control Module Throttle Actuator Controller Performance come up several times when driving. I have an 08 STX 4.6L and the Edge Evolution. When my stuck is in any level, this still happens. I also get the code whether or not I have my CAI installed and the rest of the truck is stock. Every time it happens, I clear the code and I'm fine but what is causing my truck to keep throwing this code?

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:12 AM

Put it back to stock and drive it like that for a week.
To see if anything else is going on.
Are you opening any of the custom options when loading a tune?
Its stang that its doing it in all 3 tunes. Usually it happens with level 2 towing tune. It sounds like all of the tunes are missing something in a file.
Before you start throwing parts at it contact edge and see what they have to say.
JMHO

DarkShadowSTX Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:24 AM

I've been in stock for probably 2 months. It is soooooo boring now. I was not opening any custom options either. Edge told me that there was a TSB out and to take it to a dealer to get the PCM updated. I called a dealer and they told me they didn't know anything about this and that I would have to leave my truck there to figure it out. I need my truck everyday for work so I wasn't going to leave my truck there if they hadn't even heard of something like this before.

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:34 AM

Did you happen to get the TSB number from edge?

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 11:37 AM

Its not going to hurt anything but try to update your edge using their website.

DarkShadowSTX Tue, February 2nd, 2010 02:02 PM

I have tried to update the Edge probably 6 times over the last 3 months and there were no updates. Edge did not tell me the TSB number. I can try and get that from them now and see what happens. I am just frustrated because other people can run theirs with CAIs and I can't even run any level with a stock truck. It would always throw the code within 5 minutes of startup and when it is cold outside. But I did have it happen twice in the middle of driving even when the truck was at normal operating temp. I'm desperate for help at this point.

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 03:12 PM

Like you already have stated and I'll state it too. Something isn't right.
Give edge one more shot and maybe you'll get a tech that won't chalk this up to needing a TSB.
I'll post a note on the moderators board.

DarkShadowSTX Tue, February 2nd, 2010 03:14 PM

Thanks for the help

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 03:25 PM

I'm also checking into a resource on your code and I'll post something up if I find anything after 10:00pm cst tonight.

88Racing Tue, February 2nd, 2010 03:54 PM

Did you ever do anything suggested in this thread?
Evolution problem - F150online Forums
You got some great advice in here.