Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   HOW CAN I BE SURE? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4152)

danesjewelry Fri, April 23rd, 2010 11:07 AM

HOW CAN I BE SURE?

i had an appointment at the dealership to have my computer reflashed and canceled it.before i took out the programmer i made sure there was a zero in upper rightcorner,i removed the cord and removed the pod. how can i be sure it is in the stock program?it runs way better than stock use to. i was afraid to have it reflashed untill i was absolutely positive it is in stock mode. also it shifted better than usual (firmer)

Jackpine Fri, April 23rd, 2010 11:24 AM

I think Bill's going to have to answer this one. I do know though, if it shows "0", you are at "stock". I suppose the "stock" that Bill gave you is superior to the one that was on the PCM when it came from the factory. There ARE changes to the stock tunes that come up as a vehicle ages. If Bill gave yu a later version than the one you had, perhaps it is superior.

- Jack

cleatus12r Mon, April 26th, 2010 11:30 AM

After talking to Bill (who is sitting right in front of me), you ARE NOT in the stock program but you DO have to have the dealer reflash to a new stock program. You are currently in the 87 Performance program and you WILL lose the tune with a reflash. However, it has to be done to give Bill a new base file to build off of.

danesjewelry Tue, April 27th, 2010 08:51 AM

PLEASE HELP-

1have a 02 f150 4.6l and when i try to switch to my custom-87 perf. tune, it ask me if i want to create a custom program --i choose no,then it tells me to turn key off --then on --then the screen says "no pats identified-on newer vehicles it could cause harm" -do you want to continue? i say no and return it back to zero. can anyone help with this? what am i doing wrong?

cody994x4 Tue, April 27th, 2010 10:10 AM

you need to call/email php and let them know whats going on, your pats isnt being recognized for some reason.

Jackpine Tue, April 27th, 2010 10:10 AM

I had to read back through several other threads to figure out what may have happened here.

As I see it, Bill created a "stock" tune for you after the programming failure that also disabled the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS). It appears to me that the dealer's reflash did not restore the PATS program, so that is what the warning is all about.

My advice to you is DO NOT try to program the truck until you can talk to Bill. It appears something else may need to be done to get things working right again. At least your truck is running - sometimes it's best to just let "sleeping dogs lie". I suspect it CAN be straightened out, given time.

I'll let Bill know this problem is still "open".

- Jack

cleatus12r Tue, April 27th, 2010 10:22 AM

Bill says that you only need to select "yes" to continue and everything should work afterwards.

(Typing as he's talking to me.)