Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1994 to 2020 Ford Cars (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   We got a 2006 Mustang GT... know any good programmers (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7166)

ticopowell Sat, September 24th, 2011 12:09 AM

We got a 2006 Mustang GT... know any good programmers

We are getting a 2006 Mustang GT and I am wondering what anyone recommends for a programmer. I like the idea of an edge with multiple gauges and such, but I am not sure as to what exists out there. Let me know what y'all's think... :cheesy smile:

88Racing Sat, September 24th, 2011 07:03 AM

Sct xcal3 .....call Bill or go with Justin@vmptuning ......

If its got the 4.6 3v.....you've got the crappy breaking spark plugs....just like the 04-07EB f150s....

ticopowell Sat, September 24th, 2011 10:45 AM

Thanks, and yes I have the crappy breaking spark plugs then.. :/, guess I should change them out or at least see if they have ever been changed at all, how do I tell if they are stock? arent they painted somewhere? Thanks for your help!

Longshot270 Sat, September 24th, 2011 11:52 AM

That should be a really fun car once it's tuned :thumbs up yellow:

ticopowell Sat, September 24th, 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot270 (Post 51628)
That should be a really fun car once it's tuned :thumbs up yellow:

We drove it around all afternoon.. it is a really fun car right now! :D, I think it has an aftermarket exhaust system already, I need to look a little better, and for more than a few seconds, but so far I love it! :D :happy-dancing:

ticopowell Mon, September 26th, 2011 08:38 PM

So the hood has some damage from hail and some chips from rocks I believe, and I am looking to get either a new hood or a good place that will fix the damage... any ideas on a good hood/repair place? :), thanks! :D
I also have thought of getting a ram air scoop hood if I have to get a new one, or get a shaker CAI, those look good and seem semi functional, but I think that since all of them (ram air and shaker setups) do the same thing my makeshift one did on my F150, let cooler air, and bugs, enter the system, there might be a better option out there. I like the shaker because it seals better from intake to filter, but it runs along the motor so the cold air myth is still intact. A ram air has to have a seal between the hood and the airbox, and while most use the stock setup as much as possible, there can be issues(i think at least) with the sealing so warm air might still get in. Either way I think the hood vents to let heat/air escape would be a good idea, and many ram-air setups have those while most shakers require putting a hole in the hood...
Let me know what you all think! :D thanks!, oh and any front bumper ideas for the mustang, or my 250 are appreciated :)

88Racing Tue, September 27th, 2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticopowell (Post 51663)
So the hood has some damage from hail and some chips from rocks I believe, and I am looking to get either a new hood or a good place that will fix the damage... any ideas on a good hood/repair place? :), thanks! :D
I also have thought of getting a ram air scoop hood if I have to get a new one, or get a shaker CAI, those look good and seem semi functional, but I think that since all of them (ram air and shaker setups) do the same thing my makeshift one did on my F150, let cooler air, and bugs, enter the system, there might be a better option out there. I like the shaker because it seals better from intake to filter, but it runs along the motor so the cold air myth is still intact. A ram air has to have a seal between the hood and the airbox, and while most use the stock setup as much as possible, there can be issues(i think at least) with the sealing so warm air might still get in. Either way I think the hood vents to let heat/air escape would be a good idea, and many ram-air setups have those while most shakers require putting a hole in the hood...
Let me know what you all think! :D thanks!, oh and any front bumper ideas for the mustang, or my 250 are appreciated :)

Shakers are Spendy..... http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ir-Hood-System

ticopowell Wed, September 28th, 2011 12:59 AM

Yup... they aren't cheap, but they look good! :D, I did see some for what I thought was something like $500, but I can't find that anymore... :)

ticopowell Wed, June 20th, 2012 08:37 PM

Couple things on the mustang,
We got a spec stage 1 clutch put in after the original stock one wore out... my wife and I probably didnt help with that being that we had some fun with the car... lol.
I just noticed today that the car's rear dif is leaking, is there an easy fix to this? can I do it myself in the driveway or at least in the on base shop? or should I have someone else do it? I've never done anything with car's gears/differentials before.
The car is still a lot of fun but I would need to fix this soon, I don't think it has leaked much, but I don't know how long it has been leaking so I can't really tell how much fluid is left in there.
let me know what you all think. thanks! :D

88Racing Fri, June 22nd, 2012 08:29 AM

hate to burst yer bubble on the clutch but race clutches are only good for racing....if the car is to be a dd then an oem or equivalent clutch should've been installed....

race clutches are made from higher friction materials that grab more causing them to wear more.....