Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Question on changing Background/Digit Colours (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86)

Extreme Justice Mon, December 15th, 2008 11:45 AM

Question on changing Background/Digit Colours

Bill,
Would it be possible to have the background colour of the Gryphon/Evo Black, and be able to change the colour of the Digits showing instead? Or be able to change both the Background and digit colours?

I'm not sure if that is a whole new ballgame or not.

Bill

Power Hungry Mon, December 15th, 2008 12:03 PM

Actually, it is possible. However, it requires a different LCD module. I used to have one (the only one around) when we were testing different LCDs during initial development of the Evo, but it was decided to go with the standard LCD image of dark pixels over lighted background.

If there is enough interest, I may be willing to purchase a small quantity of negative image LCD displays and offer them as an option/upgrade.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Bill

Extreme Justice Mon, December 15th, 2008 12:15 PM

If the cost is reasonable, I would like this upgrade/option :2thumbs:

Bill, why was it decided in testing to go with the standard LCD image of dark pixels over lighted background? I'm just thinking the way my dash is, 2006 Lariat (black with green digits) would look sharper and match. Of course, I'm just basing this on what I can see it looking like in my head.

Jackpine Mon, December 15th, 2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme Justice (Post 319)
If the cost is reasonable, I would like this upgrade/option :2thumbs:

Bill, why was it decided in testing to go with the standard LCD image of dark pixels over lighted background? I'm just thinking the way my dash is, 2006 Lariat (black with green digits) would look sharper and match. Of course, I'm just basing this on what I can see it looking like in my head.

Wouldn't having colored digits over a black background make the display harder to read in bright sunlight (or when wearing dark glasses)? This is the case for me in my King Ranch. It gets VERY hard to see the info center under the conditions I just described, while even with bright sun on the Gryphon, the display is still visible.

I agree though, it would look nicer if it matched the dash display. :sigh:

- Jack

Power Hungry Mon, December 15th, 2008 01:51 PM

Actually, I was impressed with just how clear the display was in bright sunlight. I didn't try it with my "Ray Bans" or "Foster Grants" though. :D

I think I'll order a couple displays and give them a spin to see how well they do.

I'll keep you updated on the results.

Extreme Justice Mon, December 15th, 2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Hungry (Post 323)
I think I'll order a couple displays and give them a spin to see how well they do.

I'll keep you updated on the results.

:woot: Sounds great.
If it doesn't work or looks terrible :throwup:, just promise you'll forget who asked you to try it :confused:. BUT...if it looks great and works and it's not cost prohibited, I'll give you permission to use my name for bringing the question forward.....Bill:smiley_roll1:

wildbillsnj Wed, December 17th, 2008 07:55 AM

I might also be interested in the neg. lcd. I have a black truck with black and grey interior. Let me know how the testing is going.

johnnyd Thu, December 18th, 2008 07:58 PM

x2 ^^^:drool2:

bowbuilder Sun, December 21st, 2008 10:49 AM

MPG

Is there a way to display MPG in the function digital desplay??

Bob

Power Hungry Sun, December 21st, 2008 11:08 AM

Go to [Menu]

Select [Setup]

Select [Display Settings]

Select [4 Function Digital]

Go the segment you would like to display the MPG in (Top Left, Bot. Right, etc.) and press [Enter].

Scroll down until you fin the MPG you desire (Instant or Average) and press [Enter].

Scroll down to [Set as Display] and press [Enter].

Press [Menu] until you return to the main display.

There you go. :D