Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest News (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4734)

Robert6401 Thu, June 17th, 2010 07:49 AM

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

There have been a couple of posts lately questioning the level of customer service provided by PHP. Thankfully, most everyone just shrugged them off, but I hate the thought of any bad publicity being out there that isn't justified. I am here to tell you about my most recent experience and why I believe those folks to be VERY wrong.

Last Thursday I PM'd Cody about a small issue I was having. There was a shifting pattern in one of my tunes that I wasn't real happy with and couldn't get used to. He responded within the hour to my message and had already looked into the tunes I had recieved and knew how to fix it. We bantered back and forth for the rest of the day via PM and he gave me my RMA#. I pulled the chip Thursday night and dropped it off at UPS on Friday at lunch. Now, I am only about 150 miles from PHP's office, so I know I am lucky with regards to shipping time, but the chip arrived there on Monday morning at about 11:30. Cody messaged me at about 2:30 to let me know he had finished making the changes and had the chip packaged and ready for UPS to pick it up. Lo-and-behold the chip was back in my hands when I got home from work on Tuesday evening. The changes he made were SPOT ON! I couldn't be more impressed and happier with the decision I made to go with PHP.

It is obvious to me that the guys that were on here complaining recently were either trolls or were not making any effort on their own to accomplish their goal.

Thanks again Cody.

God Bless, y'all!

dave-m Thu, June 17th, 2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert6401 (Post 35896)

It is obvious to me that the guys that were on here complaining recently were either trolls or were not making any effort on their own to accomplish their goal.

so because you had a good experience, that invalidates anyone that is having a less that stellar experience?

Corey Cohron RIP Thu, June 17th, 2010 09:15 AM

Dave, I don't believe that Robert6401 was speaking in a general way about anyone who has had issues with our customer service. I think he was speaking about some very specific members and is probably spot on.

We are the first ones to admit when we've performed below our own expectations (which are probably higher than our customers'). Hopefully, it is apparent to most that we are making every effort to solve issues quickly.

Bob, thank you so much for the lovely post. I am so happy that Cody could get you taken care of so quickly and that you're so happy with your chip! :)

dave-m Thu, June 17th, 2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 35904)
Dave, I don't believe that Robert6401 was speaking in a general way about anyone who has had issues with our customer service.

I wouldn't call it customer service, because when actually dealing with you and Bill it's awesome.

Just some work on the lines of communication is necessary.

Robert6401 Thu, June 17th, 2010 09:40 AM

Yes, there were a couple of instances recently where it seemed like some individuals came on here and complained about a lack of service, without making any effort on their own to get the service. Stuff just doesn't magically happen and it's a two-way street. My point is that if you make an effort to get a problem adressed, my experience is that PHP is more than willing to match or exceed your effort.

cleatus12r Thu, June 17th, 2010 10:06 AM

Bob,

As stated on the FTE website.....

Thank you for the kind words. You're very welcome sir!

I want to include a little bit of information as well. The shipping time and turn around thing on the Phoenix chips is the one physical aspect of this business that I have control of. I can assemble tunes for the FU and FU2 guys, but I cannot put the files on the server; that is Bill's job. When those files get put on the server is up to him and when he has time.

I know that all of you have read at one time or another that Corey and Bill are very busy.....and up until I moved down here to help them out, I didn't realize just how busy two people can be. It is insane here. The work never really lets up and between trying to juggle daily life with two children in the house (three now because of me ;) ) and running a very specialized business, I don't know how they manage to coerce themselves out of bed.....when they do get to bed.

Bill's never-ending stack of order forms for gasoline custom tunes keeps him tied to his chair for hours on end, and often times all through the night and early morning. He doesn't ignore anyone. His mind constantly has to go from his gasoline tuning to answering questions about 6.0L FICMs then straight to talking to people about how the HEUI and DPF systems work. Add in the interruptions from the kids and when the unexpected household problems arise and it's a miracle that ANYTHING gets done. So if he forgets to return a phone call or can't answer every email 5 minutes after you send it, just know that he is working long, hard hours to make the best programming you can buy.

Corey runs the same kind of ship.....between Gryphon upgrade programming, order forms, emails, kids, cooking, running errands, and keeping tabs on order status, she manages to keep herself together. She is an incredible woman and really does a great job running the office and keeping everyone busy and on-task yet she always answers the phone with a smile and with a friendly demeanor.

I know that these words cannot undo any feelings people may have toward PHP but I hope that you can understand that this business is based on two people who do what they can to bring you the best products out there for your Ford truck.

Robert6401 Thu, June 17th, 2010 10:33 AM

Thanks for the background info Cody. It does sound hectic over there.

dave-m, I just wanted to point out that my comments most definitely were not directed at you. I have read through your posts and that is not at all what I was talking about. I apologize if my comments were taken out of context.

88Racing Thu, June 17th, 2010 11:15 AM

Robert,
Thank you for your praises and positive remarks about PHP and how far they are willing to go to help a customer.

Cody,
Thank you for the eye opener. I hope others read this twice before starting a thread on their experience with PHP and truly respect how they try to make accomodations for everyone's needs before those customers tries to show that negative experience in a thread.
You're also doing a great job too!:thumbs up yellow:

Thanx again!:)

Jackpine Thu, June 17th, 2010 12:06 PM

Thanks Bob. It's easy to give a few negative comments more credence than they deserve. On behalf of all the Moderators who voluntarily work to help out, we appreciate the kind words.

While we know PHP is not perfect, we know their goal is to make every customer happy, Failing that, because sometimes it's just not possible, they treat everyone fairly! I doubt you can ask more of a business.

Thanks too, Cody, for giving everyone a "peek" behind the scenes. It must be a madhouse there. :crazy:

Dave, I know who Bob was talking about - it was NOT you.

- Jack