Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   got my tunes saturday (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9273)

f150corey Mon, September 3rd, 2012 01:17 PM

got my tunes saturday

and well all i can say is that there pretty awesome. the towing tune feels like it has plenty of power for towing just about anything just makes the truck feel like its got more umph to it haha. the 87 sport tune makes the truck peppy and feels like it just wants to go.

but in 87 sport my 1st to 2nd shift i get a wicked backfire at wot none of the other shifts are like that. is there anything i can do to make it a little better? im thinking not enought back pressure so i might need a muffler

my trucks an
06 5.4 f150
k&n cai
straight piped from the cats back

Jackpine Mon, September 3rd, 2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f150corey (Post 60780)
and well all i can say is that there pretty awesome. the towing tune feels like it has plenty of power for towing just about anything just makes the truck feel like its got more umph to it haha. the 87 sport tune makes the truck peppy and feels like it just wants to go.

but in 87 sport my 1st to 2nd shift i get a wicked backfire at wot none of the other shifts are like that. is there anything i can do to make it a little better? im thinking not enought back pressure so i might need a muffler

my trucks an
06 5.4 f150
k&n cai

Backfire as in out of the exhaust? That sounds like fuel igniting there that didn't burn in the engine. This could indicate a too rich fuel mixture in that band. And, I see you have a K&N CAI - this could be part of the problem.

I think it's something that Bill would have to adjust. There's no user adjustments you can make that will correct this. I'm sure it's a minor adjustment, but you'll have to tell him about it.

- Jack

f150corey Mon, September 3rd, 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 60782)
Backfire as in out of the exhaust? That sounds like fuel igniting there that didn't burn in the engine. This could indicate a too rich fuel mixture in that band. And, I see you have a K&N CAI - this could be part of the problem.

I think it's something that Bill would have to adjust. There's no user adjustments you can make that will correct this. I'm sure it's a minor adjustment, but you'll have to tell him about it.

- Jack

yea its only on the 1-2 shift if im on it full throttle. i might try putting a muffler on it because i have a cheep one sitting arround. if that dosent help ill have to shoot him an email.

kinda funny that i gave them all the info on the truck to get the proper tunes and they might not be right? but hey some times it takes a try or three lol

widj64 Sat, September 8th, 2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f150corey (Post 60780)

my trucks an
06 5.4 f150
k&n cai

hi,
I got the exact same truck and mods, how long did it take for you to get your order processed? I'm still waiting for mine has been 3 months now

f150corey Sat, September 8th, 2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by widj64 (Post 60853)
hi,
I got the exact same truck and mods, how long did it take for you to get your order processed? I'm still waiting for mine has been 3 months now

2-3 months. i emailed corey and she got everything straightened out for me [make sure you have posted your hex codes etc