Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Newbie Do,s and Dont's (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6116)

967.3L4x4 Thu, March 10th, 2011 10:11 PM

Newbie Do,s and Dont's

I have the Minotaur on the way. Well I guess its on the way, not sure how long it takes to get a package sent out. I got 3 custom tunes for my Stage II sticks too. I am open to any advice on this software any hints, tips, experience, Anything that will keep me from hurting my truck. I have a strong background with mechanical repair but no tuning. I know only to make small changes and to be careful of what I do. I'm going to study the changes Bill make before I do anything. Anything fun to do and what to look out for. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
John

Pocket Fri, March 11th, 2011 06:17 AM

Sounds like you are on the right track. Any changes you make, they should be small increments until you learn and fully understand exactly how they effect the truck.

Another "don't".... don't mess with the scalers yet. It's going to be tempting, but wait until you get really good at your tuning.

Some "do's".... ask questions, lots of them. Even if you think it might be a dumb question, ask it anyway. I've noticed that the guys who tune and post here on this forum are some of the nicest and most helpful bunch you'll ever find. Also do plan to spend lots of time. Tuning isn't something that happens overnight.

Enjoy, and welcome to the "club". :cheesy smile:

cleatus12r Fri, March 11th, 2011 10:21 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write that out, Pocket.

967.3L4x4 Fri, March 11th, 2011 05:58 PM

Yes thank you. Ill be sure to post many questiions

967.3L4x4 Sat, March 19th, 2011 06:20 PM

I got the Minotuar SW yesterday, still waiting on the the registration code though. Anyhow I also ordered 3 tunes for my stage IIs as well and was hoping they were already on the chip so I could run them now. I searched all through the supplied disk and could not find them. I cant get Phoenix Flash to read my chip and my truck wont run on it either, no WTS light or anything, ICP builds up but no start. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong or am i just going to have to wait until Bill calls me Monday with my registration code to find out whats going on. Any info. is appreciated.
Thanks
John

907DAVE Sat, March 19th, 2011 10:12 PM

You were probably sent a blank chip. You will need to get your registration code for your Minotaur and Phoenix Flash to work, then you should have access to the files that will be put on the server for download.

967.3L4x4 Sat, March 19th, 2011 10:25 PM

Thanks, After a little more reading I figured that out. I thought the codes were emailed or whatnot to me. Being on a server makes it pretty nice.

Pocket Sun, March 20th, 2011 12:08 AM

The files might also be on the CD. Of course, you'll need your registration code to open Minotaur, but you can check the CD to see what you have.

On the disk I got, it was a folder labeled "Calibrations".

967.3L4x4 Sun, March 20th, 2011 11:59 AM

No "calibrations" folder for me. Just looks like all the generic folders everyone would get. Its tough but Ill just have ot wait for Monday. I got Mid terms to study for anyhow.

Pocket Sun, March 20th, 2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 967.3L4x4 (Post 45639)
I got Mid terms to study for anyhow.

Probably a good idea not to have Minotaur up and running yet. First time you start playing with it, about 8 hours of your life will disappear in a blink of an eye. :really-lmao: