Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Prayer Requests (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Cohrons Need You (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7432)

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, November 16th, 2011 10:58 PM

The Cohrons Need You

Our sons were walking their friend Amelia home tonight (she lives in our neighborhood, and our rule is that you always walk a lady home after dark). On the way, Amelia told Wil to give her a piggy back ride. Somehow, it didn't all work out; they both fell, and she fell on his leg. Liam came running back in yelling, "Wil's on the ground and can't move!"

Billy drove around the corner and found Wil on the ground. He asked if he could stand, and when Wil tried to, he squeaked in pain. Billy picked up our young man, put him in the car, and carried him into the house. :)

Wil's lower left leg was swelling up pretty quickly. We had friends over and asked for their opinions, too. The four of us decided he should probably go to the hospital. As it turns out, it was the right decision.

Wil broke both lower bones in his leg. His tibia is broken at a wicked angle, and the fibula doesn't look so hot either. We were advised not to let him put ANY weight on it until he sees the orthopedist at 8AM tomorrow so as not to do any more damage. He also can't eat or drink after midnight in case he needs surgery.

Yes, these things happen. It's just so hard when it's your own child. :matt-roloff:

Please keep us in your prayers tomorrow!

88Racing Wed, November 16th, 2011 11:06 PM

Thoughts and prayers sent.....

Send Wil our best wishes on a quick recovery....

majek5 Thu, November 17th, 2011 08:57 AM

This is why we have kids...to add to the stress level already in our lives! Hope all goes well.

Jackpine Thu, November 17th, 2011 09:34 AM

Oh Corey! You have to be asking, "Why now, with all that's coming up?" Sadly, Janet and I don't have an answer.

But, you're all strong, so I know you'll get through this and I'm sure Wil is going to be fine. The young seem to mend regardless, and it sounds like he's in good hands.

You're in our thoughts.

- Jack

dietoremain Thu, November 17th, 2011 09:19 PM

Definitely praying! That is hard for any parent!!

majek5 Fri, November 18th, 2011 04:35 PM

Update? How is everyone doing?

Corey Cohron RIP Sun, November 20th, 2011 02:34 PM

Wil came through the surgery just fine -- the I.V. was the hardest part (I hate them, too). He had three nurses (all moms) who treated him like their own.

We have to get x-rays done on Wednesday to make sure that everything is aligned as expected, and if they're not, there's still time to go back and fix them (gosh, I hope not!). We had never seen these particular orthopedists, but both doctors in the practice were absolutely amazing.

In the meantime, I have to get pre-op testing done tomorrow morning since we won't be here next week... as if we haven't been away from the office enough!

We have a huge U-shaped couch. I told Wil that after my surgery on December 5, I'll take another side and Liam and Billy can just care for us together. :giggle:

Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. We know they work!

Jackpine Sun, November 20th, 2011 06:43 PM

Thank YOU, Corey, for keeping us "in the loop". I was on pins and needles.

- Jack

88Racing Mon, November 21st, 2011 04:39 PM

Good to know!:thumbs up yellow:

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, November 22nd, 2011 02:40 PM

We take him in for x-rays tomorrow to make sure the bones are aligned correctly. I'm sure everything is going to be just fine. He hasn't even taken any pain meds since Sunday. :cheesy smile:

Thank you again!