Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I am getting a Gryphon, can I roll back ECM strat with it? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6029)

tuckman Sat, February 26th, 2011 12:49 PM

I am getting a Gryphon, can I roll back ECM strat with it?

I am in the market for a Gryphon CS and if I am reading the posts correctly I should be able to to the remote programming without having to wait in line for the hardware. Am I correct in my interpretation?

Other side question.
I have an old style insight and pod in my Excursion, will the Gryphon CS fit in that pod?

eabrust Mon, February 28th, 2011 07:43 PM

I believe the answer is no for the CS/CTS.

Only the old black & white Gryphon (Evolution based), which connects to pegasus can, act as the remote ECM/FICM programmer.

Eric

tuckman Mon, February 28th, 2011 08:39 PM

That is good news, they (evolution) are cheaper to get a hold of out on the used market.
I forgot to call PHP today until it was too late :sigh: (I am on mountain time). Gonna call tomorrow first thing and get the scoop.

backhoemike Wed, March 30th, 2011 10:11 AM

Hi , how do you like that ficm, I just orderd the same one, did you see noticable improvement, mpg,power,starting ? plus I did ecm/tcm rollback with new stratergies frm php with egr delete everything else stock at this point. 05 Fx4 F-250 6.0 next exhaust & gryphon would appricate any input. Thanks Mike

Corey Cohron RIP Wed, March 30th, 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eabrust (Post 44957)
I believe the answer is no for the CS/CTS.

Only the old black & white Gryphon (Evolution based), which connects to pegasus can, act as the remote ECM/FICM programmer.

Eric

DING! DING! DING! You are CORRECT! :cheesy smile:

ticopowell Wed, March 30th, 2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckman (Post 44898)
Other side question.
I have an old style insight and pod in my Excursion, will the Gryphon CS fit in that pod?

I think that the CS should fit in there, but since you aren't getting one that seems kind irrelevant. still thought It would help others who see this! :D

tuckman Thu, March 31st, 2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backhoemike (Post 46077)
Hi , how do you like that ficm, I just orderd the same one, did you see noticable improvement, mpg,power,starting ? plus I did ecm/tcm rollback with new stratergies frm php with egr delete everything else stock at this point. 05 Fx4 F-250 6.0 next exhaust & gryphon would appricate any input. Thanks Mike

I ran around tuned 99% of the time so I never have gotten a solid mpg # with the ficm. I do know that when I had the old ficm in my Excursion felt like a slug and once I got the ficm back from Bill she really woke up! The throttle response was awesome! I wasn't dragging butt all over the place any more. With the high inductive heat I could easily start my Excursion at -35C without it being plugged in.

I just put in a Powermax turbo and a 4" Magnaflow turbo back and the EGT's really dropped down from the stock exhaust and stock turbo. I would say get the exhaust and Gryphon next, I got the turbo as I do a good bit of pulling.