Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DTC Code Help (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7490)

BigSur Thu, December 1st, 2011 11:30 AM

DTC Code Help

My emmision system light came on today. My Gryphon is throwing the following code: P0020 - Intake Camshaft / Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 2).

Any ideas on what may be going on here. Had to replace a battery this week....not sure if it's relative or not.

88Racing Thu, December 1st, 2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSur (Post 53384)
My emmision system light came on today. My Gryphon is throwing the following code: P0020 - Intake Camshaft / Position Actuator Circuit / Open (Bank 2).

Any ideas on what may be going on here. Had to replace a battery this week....not sure if it's relative or not.

Your altenator may be out the door also.....one of the diodes for the charging cycle in the altenator might be toast and can cause this code.....get the altenator tested

BigSur Thu, December 1st, 2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 53387)
Your altenator may be out the door also.....one of the diodes for the charging cycle in the altenator might be toast and can cause this code.....get the altenator tested

Okay sounds good. This is one of many things that have gone wrong recently. Might be trading the truck soon, so we'll see. Thanks for the reply.

88Racing Fri, December 2nd, 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSur (Post 53400)
Okay sounds good. This is one of many things that have gone wrong recently. Might be trading the truck soon, so we'll see. Thanks for the reply.

Its best to find a shop that can use a scope to test it while running....when the dioides start to go the voltage fluxuates and some of the know voltages for certatain sensors aren't there and trigger the codes....

Unfortunately remanned alternators have their diodes overlooked when being rebuilt...the best replacement is a new oem one.....

BigSur Mon, December 5th, 2011 07:03 PM

Hey 88, I noticed something weird today. Turned a corner, went light on the accelerator, and noticed a slight hesitation with the engine.....sort of "bogged" and then picked back up a few seconds later. Do you think this could be in any way relative to my emmisions light coming on, associated DTC code, etc???? I have plans to get it all checked out....just waiting to get freed up at work.

88Racing Mon, December 5th, 2011 07:06 PM

Clean the maf and tb.....

BigSur Tue, December 6th, 2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 53539)
Clean the maf and tb.....

Actually, that is getting done with my 60k service. I know how to do it as well and will do it myself next time. How often and/or how many miles do you recommend in b/w tb and maf cleaning?

88Racing Tue, December 6th, 2011 08:14 AM

I'm anal about it being every 15-20k when the fuel filter is changed.....

BigSur Tue, December 6th, 2011 06:37 PM

thanks

BigSur Tue, December 13th, 2011 02:24 PM

Just an update. Took my truck in today to get 60k service done....fuel filter, TB and MAF clean, tranny flush, etc. Even though I wasn't quite ready for the service, I took it in early to have the DTC code checked out....plus I had a screw in one of my tires.

Right before I walked in to drop off the key, I switched back to stock. When I did, it cleared the code....no more check engine light!!! Crazy. Good to go though.