Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Down for a while (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248)

ChuckD Sat, June 13th, 2009 11:23 AM

Down for a while

Well I was moving my fridge into our new house. Coming through the front door I gave the dolly a little extra tug for the wheels to roll up onto the sill. My feet slipped, I landed on my butt with my lower left leg still verticle. The fridge 25 cu. ft. heavy mofo landed on top of my knee. Its swollen to the size of my thigh. I can't walk on it and sleeping was a real pain last night.:cursin:

average-joe Sat, June 13th, 2009 01:47 PM

Put your feet up, pop some pain meds and take it easy!

BlackSTX Sat, June 13th, 2009 06:27 PM

Keep some ice on it too, it will help reduce the swelling and allow it to be a little looser too.

Jackpine Sat, June 13th, 2009 07:17 PM

Well hell! You survive the war and then become a casualty of enemy refrigerators!

Try to take it easy and keep the ice on the knee, Brother. Ibuprofen is good for reducing inflammation too.

- Jack

ChuckD Sat, June 13th, 2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 10599)
Well hell! You survive the war and then become a casualty of enemy refrigerators!

Try to take it easy and keep the ice on the knee, Brother. Ibuprofen is good for reducing inflammation too.

- Jack

It was just a freak thing I guess. I cant't take Ibuprofen due to my kidney disease. I didn't even go to the ER cause I knew that I would have to do everything again when I go to the ACE clinic on Monday.

88Racing Mon, June 15th, 2009 06:47 AM

Take it easy!

Hope you are doing better!

Lars

ChuckD Mon, June 15th, 2009 02:14 PM

Went to the doc this morning. Got to stay off of it for 10 days and let the swelling go down. Then go back in to get scheduled for a MRI to see if they got to go in.:sigh:

BlackSTX Mon, June 15th, 2009 02:50 PM

Hopefully the ten days will be enough. Would suck to be laid up any long if you have stuff that needs to be done.

ChuckD Mon, June 15th, 2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSTX (Post 10657)
Hopefully the ten days will be enough. Would suck to be laid up any long if you have stuff that needs to be done.

We are right in the middle of moving. My wife said I did it to get out of the work:notallthere:

BlackSTX Mon, June 15th, 2009 05:47 PM

I know you mentioned moving in your original post. I'm sure there is still much to do as well. Hopefully the work isn't piling up for you.
Yeah, some women like to think we inflict pain upon ourselves just to avoid a little work.... I don't know about that. I had spinal surgery a couple winters ago and a month later was still out against advise from my doctor showing my wife how to use the snowblower. I still had to do it all by myself several times later on.