Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Winter? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1957)

88Racing Sat, October 10th, 2009 10:27 PM

Winter?

Well last night Old Man Winter came knockn' on eastern South Dakota's door. Left about 2-4" snow accumalation overnight and the snow was almost gone by noon exposing the green grass again.
Monday we are in for another shot of the white stuff.

Brrrr!

Not ready for the cold temps this early. Low tonight of 20 and the high today was 36.

Lars:2thumbs:

429 boss mustang Sat, October 10th, 2009 11:10 PM

dude winter hitting early up their

fordkindaguy Sun, October 11th, 2009 09:08 AM

Yep gotta love south carolina low country weather, 75 and sunny right now should hit mid 80's:giggle:

88Racing Sun, October 11th, 2009 10:21 PM

Yep, Another shot of the white stuff this afternoon and this evening.
Funny thing I mowed just after lunch!

Oh well, Monday and Tuesday we are in for some more but it's not going to stick around long?

Lars:2thumbs:

ROB281 Sun, October 11th, 2009 11:18 PM

I wish it would get that cold here

Longshot270 Mon, October 12th, 2009 07:32 AM

I dont know, snow is fun but I still like my short sleeve shirts more. I think its funny that a cold front in the north means snow, here it a means a drop to the 50's and 60's :hehe:

cleatus12r Mon, October 12th, 2009 09:06 AM

We went from 85 degrees a week ago to single digit lows and 20s for highs in about 3 days....

Straight from summer to winter. Heck, the leaves on the trees are still green. I guess they weren't ready either.

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, October 12th, 2009 09:44 AM

Weather's been weird here but still warm. Rain started a few hours ago. We received 1-2 inches in about 2 hours. 3-5 total are expected before this stops. Just saw on the news that flash flood warnings are in effect again. :disbelief:

But NO :shovel:! :cheesy smile:

Longshot270 Mon, October 12th, 2009 09:52 AM

Yeah we've been in draught so long in central texas we were wondering what all that wet stuff was that kept falling on our heads. :hehe: lol I'm kinda hoping it doesn't freeze like last year. Had LOTS of wrecks because people who moved down here thought that they could still drive in it. :shrug:

88Racing Mon, October 12th, 2009 10:05 AM

We had the coolest summer on record this year with only 2 or 3 days in the 90's.
Hopefully that won't translate into the coldest winter on record either.
That would bite the big one! Really bad!

The way my grandpa would tell if we were in for a long winter was the middle band length on a wooly bear catipillar. If the band was long the winter was long if the band was short so was the winter. The darker the brown the colder the winter and the lighter the brown the warmer it would be.
Of course they spray so much around here you hardly see them anymore.

Lars