Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   FICM rollback MPG's (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6768)

ttcbr600rr Tue, July 5th, 2011 10:48 AM

FICM rollback MPG's

FICM rollback to VXCF4D3.
2005 F250 SCREW, 6.0, 373, 4" cat back, 325/65/18 BFG's, Gryphon.

Stock, no load, Hwy only @ 70MPH 16.9 MPG
Extreme, no load, Hwy only @ 70MPH 17.5 MPG
80 Hp DD, no load, Hwy only @ 70MPH 18.1 MPG
Economy, no load, Hwy only @ 70MPH 20.7 MPG @65MPH 20.9
Economy, no load, City only 17.1 MPG
80 Hp DD, no load, City only 13.8 MPG
80 Hp DD, 4800lbs, City only 13.4 MPG

Before FICM rollback
Stock, no load, Hwy only @70MPH 15.8 MPG
Tow, 5200lbs, Hwy only @ 64MPH 12.1 MPG
Economy, 5200lbs, City only 10.4 MPG
Economy, no load, City only 14.8 MPG
Tow, no load, City only 14.1 MPG

these are my findings, hope that anyone can use this for reference.

Thanks PHP

ff0326 Fri, July 8th, 2011 11:16 AM

My before #'s were almost identical as yours before roll back. After rollback no change, maybe even less.:cursin:

ttcbr600rr Sun, July 10th, 2011 12:02 AM

yeah, I ran the gryphon for a solid year thinking. Where in the heck is all of the great mileage that everyone is talking about? Then I read into the FICM roll back and noticed that I had a VXCF7xx. The cash hurt to pay for it up front but the run I just put on that ole beast made me grin every time I put the hose in the tank. It isn't much but now my big ole cow gets just as good as my wife's Nitro.... she :throwup: over that.

Power Hungry Thu, July 14th, 2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff0326 (Post 49338)
My before #'s were almost identical as yours before roll back. After rollback no change, maybe even less.:cursin:

I have a small handful of customers that have had similar complaints that the rollback didn't offer any significant change. In many case, the problem was related to a sensor problem (the EBP sensor specifically) and once that was corrected the vehicles performed much better and economy improved. I still have 1 or 2 trucks that just never saw any gains and I am at a loss to offer an explanation in those situations. :hmmm:

If you haven't already, check out the EBP sensor and see if it, or the exhaust tube to it, are clogged. Clearing out the sensor and tube just might help. :thumbs up yellow:

Let me know what you find.

Tim,

Those are awesome numbers! I'd say they are probably above average, but certainly not going to complain. :D

ff0326 Fri, July 15th, 2011 11:37 AM

Where do I find the EBP? Would it show up on a code reader? Yep. Stuck at 15.4 mpg with the programer. My '04's would run in the 18's on the same roads with the programer.

Power Hungry Fri, July 15th, 2011 12:31 PM

Oddly, the EBP never seems to set a DTC, even when clogged. The sensor is located on the Drivers side of the engine and connects to a tube which runs to the front of the driver's side exhaust manifold. It's pretty easy to find. Let me know if you have any difficulty locating it and I'll see if I can get a diagram of it for you.

atk Sat, July 16th, 2011 08:50 PM

usually located on top(bolted to) of the thermostat housing, hope this helps....i to will looking at my sensor, haven`t seen the improvements i was hoping for in the mpg after doing ficm reprogram and ecm/tcm rollback and new custom tunes. the tube is clear, may just replace sensor and try that(not expensive part)....other then that, truck works awsome....thanks Bill

ttcbr600rr Sun, July 17th, 2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Hungry (Post 49543)
Tim,

Those are awesome numbers! I'd say they are probably above average, but certainly not going to complain. :D

Thanks again Bill for the tunes. Many miles have put on my beast lately and am a very happy customer. I will continue to be an influence to send you business from the eastern nc area. Your tunes have allowed my family and I to enjoy our truck.

from my family to yours, thanks.

Tim

ff0326 Mon, July 25th, 2011 07:58 AM

Checked for the EPB valve this weekend. Could not locate one. Did they do away with them when they upgraded the heads in the '05-'06's??????

Power Hungry Tue, July 26th, 2011 09:40 AM

Nope... still there. Front of Driver's side exhaust manifold has a stainless steel tube which leads to the sensor.