Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Been a while. (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9965)

cleatus12r Thu, December 2nd, 2021 09:06 PM

Been a while.

So I bought another 7.3. Why not have seven?

1999.5 Crewcab longbox with a bad (but still running) engine. Pretty nice shape overall. I think I might be able to flip it.....until I get attached and keep it too - just like the others. I've got an engine ready on the cherrypicker to plop in it when I get time to get it in the shop and donate a few hours to the R&R.

Power Hungry Fri, December 3rd, 2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 62952)

One for every day of the week. No sweat!

cleatus12r Fri, December 3rd, 2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Hungry (Post 62953)

That's what my dad says.

Not saying you're old.......:cheesy smile:

Powerstroke Cowboy Wed, December 29th, 2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Hungry (Post 62953)

:2thumbs: For sure!

Powerstroke Cowboy Wed, December 29th, 2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 62952)

1999.5 Crewcab longbox with a bad (but still running) engine. Pretty nice shape overall. I think I might be able to flip it.....until I get attached and keep it too - just like the others. I've got an engine ready on the cherrypicker to plop in it when I get time to get it in the shop and donate a few hours to the R&R.

Do you have a build thread on the 7.3L crown vic? I think it would be fun to read.

Can a guy ever have to many 7.3s? I am looking to stick one in a loader tractor.:D

cleatus12r Thu, January 13th, 2022 10:09 AM

Next project:

Bill is pretty familiar with the 2000 2wd and now it's going to be better.

Over the 11 years that I've owned it, it's just been a fun "driver". It went to Atlanta completely stock with 248000 miles. It got some 160/100% injectors while there, started on fire, made a few dragstrip passes with a one-legger rear axle and Transforce AT tires, and broke the flexplate while trying to leave on its journey home.

I put factory 5-spoke 20's from an 06 on it almost 9 years ago with 2" spacers all around. Then I put in 2012 rear axle with an electric locker and ditched the rear spacers. I've just had spacers in the front for 3 years and decided to finally do something about the worthless twin I-beam in the front that would allow me to also ditch the spacers and have brakes that fill the open spaces in the wheels (and the rears are already too big for 16s thanks to the later axle). I am about to swap in a 2wd monobeam from an F450.

I can't wait to get started.

Power Hungry Fri, January 14th, 2022 08:15 AM

Replacing that flexplate was interesting. Easy enough, but such a weird thing to break. Fortunately, you were only about an hour out when it crapped out. BTW... Still have any fire extinguisher dust on the engine anywhere? :lol:

Looking forward to this project. Always liked that truck.

cleatus12r Sat, January 22nd, 2022 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the parts. Complete suspension was included. New-looking brake pads and the caliper pins even move free. The ball joints have been replaced at some point so hopefully they aren't shot.

If the schedule doesn't fill up this week, I might get it in.

Gotta modify the brake caliper brackets slightly but there will still be more meat than the stock 2000 parts.

cleatus12r Mon, January 24th, 2022 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's stock vs. modified caliper brackets. It really didn't take too much grinding and I have a minimum of 1/4" clearance to the wheel at any point.

cleatus12r Mon, January 24th, 2022 12:04 PM

Oops..double post.