Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gryphon Help w/ 05 F-150...Tuned Previously With Other Product (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392)

TJ05FX4 Mon, February 2nd, 2009 10:23 PM

Gryphon Help w/ 05 F-150...Tuned Previously With Other Product

Good evening,
I have sent 2 emails to Corey now asking this question, but seeing as I did not get a response yet, I thought I would join here and ask here and see if I can get some faster resolution.

I have a 2005 FX4 F-150. It has been previously tuned by a shop here in Austin using HP Tuners. No A/F adjustments or anything. They just made transmission adjustments and calibrated the speedo for the 35" tires.

Well unfortunately last week I found that this shop went out of business and of course no longer can tune the truck. I will be purcashing the Roush Off Road exhaust and S&B intake here in the next week or two and would like to have it tuned for that as well.

My question is do I need to find a way to get the truck returned to stock before ordering the Gryphon or will the Gryphon over ride it in some way and let me just go from there? I don't know how easy it will be for me to find someone to take it back to stock, but I need to know what I need to do before ordering anything else.

Thank you in advance.

Power Hungry Mon, February 2nd, 2009 10:46 PM

TJ,

First off...

:welcome: Glad to have ya here!

The Gryphon is capable of returning your vehicle back to stock, but we will need to be involved in the process. It's not terribly difficult and takes about 15 minutes, but it beats going to the dealership for a reflash and it's free (once you purchase the Gryphon). :2thumbs:

I'm sorry to hear about your local shop. In today's economy, it is unfortunately an all too common occurrence for shops to close up and many people have been left high and dry. :(

I'm sorry Corey wasn't able to get back to you today. I was out of the office all day and this is the kind of question she refers to me.

Hope this helps your decision. :D

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, February 3rd, 2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ05FX4 (Post 2748)
Good evening,
I have sent 2 emails to Corey now asking this question, but seeing as I did not get a response yet, I thought I would join here and ask here and see if I can get some faster resolution.

I have a 2005 FX4 F-150. It has been previously tuned by a shop here in Austin using HP Tuners. No A/F adjustments or anything. They just made transmission adjustments and calibrated the speedo for the 35" tires.

Well unfortunately last week I found that this shop went out of business and of course no longer can tune the truck. I will be purcashing the Roush Off Road exhaust and S&B intake here in the next week or two and would like to have it tuned for that as well.

My question is do I need to find a way to get the truck returned to stock before ordering the Gryphon or will the Gryphon over ride it in some way and let me just go from there? I don't know how easy it will be for me to find someone to take it back to stock, but I need to know what I need to do before ordering anything else.

Thank you in advance.

(I read your e-mails... just hadnt been able to discuss it with Bill yet, and I didn't feel comfortable replying without his input!)

TJ05FX4 Tue, February 3rd, 2009 09:30 PM

Big thanks to both of you. I kind of figured this was something a little more in depth that you don't often run into, so I wasn't sure to divert the question to Corey or Bill. I will most certainly be ordering one from you in a couple weeks. I just ordered my Roush and S&B this evening and will make sure I not put the S&B on there until getting things owrked out with you guys.

I'll be emailing you shortly and will be soon ready to order. Thank you again for all your help with the F150 group and all that you do.