Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   thinking about goin diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372)

TA2Dsailor Sat, July 4th, 2009 07:28 AM

thinking about goin diesel

I'm looking into buying an 08. I heard theres alot of issues with the 250. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Of course all the issues I have heard about are from a die hard GMC guy. Any advice would be helpful.

Desert Racer Sat, July 4th, 2009 02:12 PM

The new fords 08 and 09 have most of the problems taking care of. Plus they are a rocket with three simple mods:intake,exhaust and tuner! To me I am either gonna buy one of these or the new dodge HD when they come out.

88Racing Sat, July 4th, 2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Racer (Post 11595)
The new fords 08 and 09 have most of the problems taking care of. Plus they are a rocket with three simple mods:intake,exhaust and tuner! To me I am either gonna buy one of these or the new dodge HD when they come out.

A dodge?
Don't you mean a fiat?:cheesy smile:

Lars

88Racing Sat, July 4th, 2009 11:26 PM

The 6.4 is a whole lot better than the 6.0.
Follow Desert Racers advice.

Lars

Desert Racer Sun, July 5th, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 11606)
A dodge?
Don't you mean a fiat?:cheesy smile:

Lars

After riding in and driving a new HD dodge they are pretty darn slick! Cab is bigger than fords,yet bed is a lil smaller. The featuers it has though are out of this world compared to the old dodges.

88Racing Sun, July 5th, 2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Racer (Post 11622)
After riding in and driving a new HD dodge they are pretty darn slick! Cab is bigger than fords,yet bed is a lil smaller. The featuers it has though are out of this world compared to the old dodges.

Test drove one of the new dodges with the fancy ram box. Felt bigger in the cab comapred to the f150. But with the new suspension in the corners the dodge truck wanted to roll out of them compared to the ford which just stuck to them.

Lars

Desert Racer Mon, July 6th, 2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 11631)
Test drove one of the new dodges with the fancy ram box. Felt bigger in the cab comapred to the f150. But with the new suspension in the corners the dodge truck wanted to roll out of them compared to the ford which just stuck to them.

Lars

I was talking about the Heavy duty series sorry lol.

88Racing Mon, July 6th, 2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Racer (Post 11637)
I was talking about the Heavy duty series sorry
lol.

I know. I was letting you know my experience with the ld series. LOL's
The last hd one I drove was an 08 dodge which is not the new version, you are talking about.

Lars

Desert Racer Tue, July 7th, 2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 11640)
I know. I was letting you know my experience with the ld series. LOL's
The last hd one I drove was an 08 dodge which is not the new version, you are talking about.

Lars

Oh got ya :doh: lol. Have been looking pretty hard lately at diesel's. I know I don't need one now yet me wanting is a whole different thing.

steph 450 Mon, July 13th, 2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TA2Dsailor (Post 11593)
I'm looking into buying an 08. I heard theres alot of issues with the 250. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Of course all the issues I have heard about are from a die hard GMC guy. Any advice would be helpful.

No problem with it only recall the truck hit 70k miles 99% pulling 18-30k the only bad side is the MPG but looking to do the DPF delete so maybe it will fix the issue don't be afraid of this engine