Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fuel Milage (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332)

cleatus12r Tue, November 3rd, 2009 04:17 AM

Bamboo,

Bill usually writes programs that feel fairly "stockish" down low.

Have you tried adjusting the idle validation switch detent?

Try this.....

Push the accelerator pedal down very slightly and slowly with your hand until you hear an audible click. (BTW, this only works for old body style trucks). If you have to push the pedal down more than 1/8" or so before you hear the click, you need to "adjust" the switch detent plate. This immensely helps the drivability of the '95 to '97 trucks.....especially while "chipped".

ChuckD Tue, November 3rd, 2009 09:59 AM

I got 3.73's. Cody I am going to do that today on mine. Thanks for the tip.

88Racing Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:18 AM

So Cody
Which way do you adjust the plate? More or less than an 1/8?

Just wondering?
Lars:shrug:

bamboo Tue, November 3rd, 2009 10:53 PM

Thanks Cody, Bill mentioned the stockish programs, I had him adjust it some because living on a bumpy road I could hardly keep it at a smooth RPM
so I'm not sure what he has tweaked that might be different, How driveable are your trucks with chips +mods ? When the turbo lights do you really have to be careful where your foot is on the pedal? (how far down)

will check out the switch in the morning

Chuck, Where did you get 373's and how much $-$

ChuckD Tue, November 3rd, 2009 10:55 PM

Stock

Wollffy Tue, November 3rd, 2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 17246)
Bamboo,

Bill usually writes programs that feel fairly "stockish" down low.

Have you tried adjusting the idle validation switch detent?

Try this.....

Push the accelerator pedal down very slightly and slowly with your hand until you hear an audible click. (BTW, this only works for old body style trucks). If you have to push the pedal down more than 1/8" or so before you hear the click, you need to "adjust" the switch detent plate. This immensely helps the drivability of the '95 to '97 trucks.....especially while "chipped".

Where is this switch detent plate located?

ChuckD Wed, November 4th, 2009 01:16 AM

If you look at the top of your pedal you will see 2 wire connectors. The top one at the spring is the TPS the lower one is the one he is talking about. You will see a little plate come off to the drivers side and behind it is a button. You adjust it by persuasion.

Wollffy Wed, November 4th, 2009 08:02 AM

ok, thanks i will have a look at that now...

soutthpaw Wed, November 4th, 2009 09:25 PM

I just removed my chip... Fueled up today and decided I would try and get a baseline Stock MPG.... will take a week or two till I fuel up again. my Excursion had a superchip gold in it when I bought it so I have never ran a full tank stock till now... Ill let ya know what the result is

ChuckD Sun, November 15th, 2009 11:54 PM

I have to retract my statement on my gears. I had my Explorer on my mind when I said 3.73's. I have 3.55's in my truck, sorry for the misinformation.