Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1997 to 2003 F-150 (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gryphon says its locked to another vehicle?? (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4933)

crash_lucky13 Wed, July 21st, 2010 10:16 AM

Gryphon says its locked to another vehicle??

2002 Ford F150 5.4 2wd with a gryphon for a little over 2 years now i think. it's never been hooked up to another vehicle and has only been removed 2 or 3 times since i've had it. it hasnt been removed in the past 4 months. i have level 1 loaded (i have custom tunes) and went to change it last night to level 2 and it says that it's locked to another vehicle. this is the first time it's ever happened.

i tried returning it to stock, all 3 levels, even customizing a tune but it wont let me do anything. the only thing i can think that has happened since the last time i changed the tune (about a month) is my battery died on my truck for about 2 days... it's been dead before but never where i could access my tunes and change them out...

any suggestions?

cleatus12r Wed, July 21st, 2010 11:44 AM

Here's an idea to try.....

Unplug the unit, turn the key on, then plug the programmer back in.

Jackpine Wed, July 21st, 2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleatus12r (Post 37293)
Here's an idea to try.....

Unplug the unit, turn the key on, then plug the programmer back in.

EXACTLY what I would have suggested! :thumbs up yellow:

- Jack

crash_lucky13 Wed, July 21st, 2010 11:01 PM

ok, what else??? i've done that about 20 times over the last few days without even knowing that was a solution... it's REALLY got me stumped... thanks for the quick reply you guys.. but still a no go

Jackpine Thu, July 22nd, 2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash_lucky13 (Post 37317)
ok, what else??? i've done that about 20 times over the last few days without even knowing that was a solution... it's REALLY got me stumped... thanks for the quick reply you guys.. but still a no go

Maybe, an OBDII cable problem. If the Gryphon is two years old, this could be the case. And, if you left the Gryphon plugged in and jump started the truck, it could have fried the circuit board in the cable.

- Jack

crash_lucky13 Thu, July 22nd, 2010 11:17 AM

gotcha. i think i have another cable laying around here somewhere that i will try.. thanks man!!

88Racing Thu, July 22nd, 2010 11:43 AM

Cable Problem==Call PHP!!!!!!!
Get another one so your truck doesn't become disabled.
Don't mess with programming it anymore until you get a new cable.

crash_lucky13 Fri, July 23rd, 2010 10:30 AM

when i first got the programmer i had a cable issue with it.... but that's been going on 3 years ago..

don't worry about messing with the programming... lol i can't. but my truck IS running rough and throwing lean code and its time for emission test

88Racing Fri, July 23rd, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash_lucky13 (Post 37362)
when i first got the programmer i had a cable issue with it.... but that's been going on 3 years ago..

don't worry about messing with the programming... lol i can't. but my truck IS running rough and throwing lean code and its time for emission test

What codes?????????????
This would be really helpful.
There's a number of problems that could be causing those codes.
I'll post a note for the administration.

crash_lucky13 Fri, July 23rd, 2010 01:14 PM

no the codes are ok... i've been doing diagnostic work on it for the past month and half. basically bank 1 and 2 lean. every now and then a heated 02 sensor, but i'm in the process of changing them out. i was doing good and not throwing any codes when i run level 2 and driving right, thats why i was changing it back.

as far as the codes go, really isn't much more i can replace on the motor so now i'm just down to the itty bitty stuff.