Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Got a hall pass (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3488)

ChuckD Tue, March 9th, 2010 04:29 PM

Got a hall pass

1 Attachment(s)
After the races this week, Lisa says "We got to get a car to race". So I snapped this up before she could change her mind. Its just a roller, but has a 6 point cage thats cert'd, built rear, hurst quarter stick and a few other goodies. Got it for 800 so I just get to get a 351 and a C4 and it will be ready.:evillol:

JWBFX4 Tue, March 9th, 2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckD (Post 26932)
After the races this week, Lisa says "We got to get a car to race". So I snapped this up before she could change her mind. Its just a roller, but has a 6 point cage thats cert'd, built rear, hurst quarter stick and a few other goodies. Got it for 800 so I just get to get a 351 and a C4 and it will be ready.:evillol:

Sweet! Looks like yall are ready to have some fun.

88Racing Tue, March 9th, 2010 10:38 PM

Nice car Chuck!:)
Did you pick one up for me?
:lol:

ChuckD Thu, March 11th, 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Racing (Post 26957)
Nice car Chuck!:)
Did you pick one up for me?
:lol:

I can find you one.:cool: good thing about cars from here, no rust. I have already started making a list of parts. I found a guy selling a DSS 331 kit for 500 brand new, he is just wanting it out of the garage so I may go that route for now till I get the big stroker built.

88Racing Thu, March 11th, 2010 12:14 PM

Aaarrrrrgh!
The wife would shoot me if I started a race car project!!!!!!!
Glad your wife allows it!
Keep us posted!

Peace!:)

ChuckD Thu, March 11th, 2010 12:52 PM

I was racing my truck and I think she didn't want me to break it. I am gonna get her behind the wheel of the car to let her see what kind of fun it is.

Longshot270 Thu, March 11th, 2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckD (Post 27101)
I was racing my truck and I think she didn't want me to break it. I am gonna get her behind the wheel of the car to let her see what kind of fun it is.

I know someone who did that. He built race cars and thought his wife would like to drive souped up mustangs. Then he got an F150. Now she takes the truck over the sports car at every opportunity. :hehe:

ChuckD Thu, March 11th, 2010 09:56 PM

Thats my plan ;)

ChuckD Sat, March 13th, 2010 01:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It has Lakewood shocks and struts, Eibach drag springs with the air bag on right rear, Maximum Motorsports adjustable upper control arm, and solid lower control arms.

ChuckD Mon, May 10th, 2010 09:30 PM

Update

Block is going to the machine shop next week. 331 shortblock with main girdle, looking at some AFR heads, I picked up a Holley Systemmax lower intake and a box upper. Now the question put a hair dryer on it or spray it. I will come up with what I will do in the next few months. My goal is low 10s.