Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest News (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Airbag RECALL (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6053)

ticopowell Tue, March 1st, 2011 02:40 PM

Airbag RECALL

INFO

I just thought I would make sure everyone knows about this

b-rad59 Thu, March 10th, 2011 10:21 AM

Yeah I heard about this the other day. Looks like I will be taking it in here soon to get that fixed.

60DRB Sun, April 17th, 2011 09:06 AM

Me too, thanks Tico.

ticopowell Mon, April 18th, 2011 10:04 PM

Yeah it has now been expanded to all F-150's from I think 04 to 06... :/ oh well

str088 Wed, April 20th, 2011 01:15 AM

So what do you do? You just take your vehicle to a dealer or something?
And if so do you have to change your tune back to stock?

ticopowell Wed, April 20th, 2011 01:34 AM

Ford said that they would be contacting all the owners with the affected trucks starting in may, but yeah all you do is take it to the dealer and they will fix it. I would set the truck back to stock a day or two before you plan on taking it in to make sure it doesn't throw them any codes when they check it. the reason why is because they may decide to reflash your hex code and if your tunes are still loaded then you will have to pay to get your gryphon unlocked as well as get your tunes redone. :/, for this repair that is not likely, but it is a dealer so they may still try and do something dumb like that.

str088 Wed, April 20th, 2011 01:54 AM

Cool sounds good. But I can still keep the programmer on the dash right?
Lol what's the purpose of a reflash anyway? Oh yeah I went on the site
where you put your vin and it didn't say anything about my truck. I guess
I'll just wait to see if there is a call. Thanks for the heads up bro.

ticopowell Wed, April 20th, 2011 02:00 AM

I'm guessing that they will send a letter of some sort... idk how they will get to everyone though... Also I would check in May for your VIN just to be sure. They reflash it to give it the "newest and best" programming... or something like that from what I understand. If you still have a warranty I would take the pod off the dash. you can leave the cable though, just tuck it away and they most likely wont notice or care, and it is just a cable so they can't say it goes to anything for certain. Glad I could help! :)

randomhero34 Wed, April 20th, 2011 11:12 AM

damn recalls. i have my scheduled for saturday at 1030. Hopefully they have a raptor for me to look at.

Jackpine Wed, April 20th, 2011 11:55 AM

I THINK the recall involves some little bit of rewiring in the dash, and or, the steering column. I would not leave the programmer on the dash or the OBDII cable in place either. Remove them both once you've set your tune back to stock. It's certainly what I intend to do.

- Jack