Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gryphon Programmer (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Avg MPG reset how to? (yes I searched) (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3277)

jeffro Sat, February 20th, 2010 09:42 AM

Avg MPG reset how to? (yes I searched)

Ok I spent the last 45 min searching. How do you reset the Avg MPG or do you just let run to the 100k samples aka 4 tanks of gas? Can't wait for the snow to clear till I can get on her. Had my neighbor take it out for a drive after I got the tow tune all tricked out. He has the same work truck. Well he came back 2 hours and 1/2 a tank later with a big smile

shotgun Sat, February 20th, 2010 09:48 AM

Look at page 12 of the manual.

After pressing [ENTER], the main display will come up. (Parameters and values may vary.) There are five boxes that display information about your vehicle. The black box in the top right corner tells which level is currently
programmed on your vehicle. The other four boxes can show up to 4 PIDs of your vehicle.

The Gryphon™ will default to RPM, MPH, TFT, and ECT. Optional parameters and display formats may be selected. Please see the SETUP section of this manual.

From this display, press [MENU] to select and use other features of the Gryphon™. The display backlight can also be controlled from this display using the [UP] and [DOWN] arrow keys.

Pressing [ENTER] while viewing these 4 PIDs will bring up a message asking you if you would like to reset the average economy. If you press [ENTER] again, the Gryphon™ will erase all fuel economy stored data which was in the Gryphon™ and restart the averaging function.

jeffro Sat, February 20th, 2010 10:00 AM

You Rock what beer ya want ?

Dude I read that thing 100 times and missed that part just like the "load previous settings" one too. You a former Jar Head? Retired USAF here 24 years and back on the GG/GS side

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgun (Post 25581)
Look at page 12 of the manual.

After pressing [ENTER], the main display will come up. (Parameters and values may vary.) There are five boxes that display information about your vehicle. The black box in the top right corner tells which level is currently
programmed on your vehicle. The other four boxes can show up to 4 PIDs of your vehicle.

The Gryphon™ will default to RPM, MPH, TFT, and ECT. Optional parameters and display formats may be selected. Please see the SETUP section of this manual.

From this display, press [MENU] to select and use other features of the Gryphon™. The display backlight can also be controlled from this display using the [UP] and [DOWN] arrow keys.

Pressing [ENTER] while viewing these 4 PIDs will bring up a message asking you if you would like to reset the average economy. If you press [ENTER] again, the Gryphon™ will erase all fuel economy stored data which was in the Gryphon™ and restart the averaging function.

shotgun Sat, February 20th, 2010 10:08 AM

Warsteiner please...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 25582)
Dude I read that thing 100 times and missed that part just like the "load previous settings" one too. You a former Jar Head? Retired USAF here 24 years and back on the GG/GS side

Been there, done that (my wife has all the proof). :hehe:

Glad to help!

Former Army communication officer (the avatar is the USMA - West Point - crest).

88Racing Sat, February 20th, 2010 11:25 PM

Depending on what year your truck is the proceedure varies on this.
Like shotgun stated is for the 04-08.
But I think for the 97-03 +04 heritage the gryphon needs to be unplugged and plugged back in again with key on engine off.

jeffro Sat, February 20th, 2010 11:38 PM

Worked like a charm. Love the commo dudes they helped me out a lot in Iraq

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgun (Post 25584)
Been there, done that (my wife has all the proof). :hehe:

Glad to help!

Former Army communication officer (the avatar is the USMA - West Point - crest).

XPerties Wed, February 24th, 2010 09:06 AM

You ever put your keys down, go back later to get them and they are not there then spend 30 min looking for them only to find them where you looked before?

:cheesy smile:

Longshot270 Wed, February 24th, 2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPerties (Post 25841)
You ever put your keys down, go back later to get them and they are not there then spend 30 min looking for them only to find them where you looked before?

:cheesy smile:

Hey, it's not funny when that happens...:hehe: