Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   1994˝ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fuel Milage (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332)

Crzycrazycarl Sun, January 25th, 2009 06:23 PM

Fuel Milage

So, I am seriously consindering buying one of these php chips. What kind of fuel milage can I expect with the fuel sipper mode. I am running a straight pipe and have a k &n air filter. Any help is appreciated.

Corey Cohron RIP Sun, January 25th, 2009 06:58 PM

If you can keep the pedal from touching the floor ;), you should see gains of about 2-4mpg with our Fuel-Sipper™ calibration!

bbbxcursion Mon, January 26th, 2009 12:54 AM

It's all up to the driver. I never had good economy because it felt WAY to good to push that skinny pedal to the floor!

Corey Cohron RIP Mon, January 26th, 2009 08:25 AM

I think it must be a guy thing. :yesnod: I get about 2-3mpg better fuel economy when I drive our Expy than when Bill is behind the wheel. ;)

cleatus12r Mon, January 26th, 2009 08:48 AM

My wife tends to get worse mileage than I do. Then again, she owns a 92 Subaru Loyale (maybe 60 HP) and LOVES to feel the rush of powah that the PSD affords. I've never really had a gutless vehicle so I can't feel her pain...although I get so frustrated when I have to drive her car.:cursin:

As far as mileage on a 94-97 PSD goes, it's not uncommon to gain 3-4 MPG highway. I tuned a 97 Manual that went from 14 to 18 (when driven nicely) and have a couple copies of that tune running around at this time. If you're driving around town or have a heavy right foot then all bets are off!

secondarychaos Mon, February 2nd, 2009 11:36 AM

:hehe:
My last vehicle was a 84 honda accord...
I mash my pedal at least once a trip... usually more LOL

Fullcrew Thu, February 26th, 2009 04:04 AM

2-4 mpg is pretty good.

bamboo Sun, November 1st, 2009 07:31 PM

For you OBS'ers how many Miles per tank? I'm only seeing 220miles per tank, Which is 15Gallons I think:shrug:
want to try and improve mileage if can.

figure I post it here instead of making a new thread

ChuckD Mon, November 2nd, 2009 09:15 PM

I switch over at 1/4 tank and generally at 250-275 in town driving. We will see what happens when that big brown truck comes tomorrow or the next day. The best I have gotten in town was 22.8, I average 18.5-19.5 most of the time. If my OD is acting up as it has been lately again then I am down to around 15 in town. My best on the highway was 22 and I was driving 75-85 across TX, with an 800 lb. jet ski in the back. Towing boats up to Vegas I get 16, towing the camper up the mountain and get 17. Best advice I can give on getting good mpg's is stay out of boost and stay under 2K rpms. Take off easy at stop lights or signs and let out of it alot sooner when your coming to one. Just doing that you will see an improvemont in mpg's.

bamboo Mon, November 2nd, 2009 11:37 PM

Well Im getting like 14.5 mpg:shrug:

One problem is the new set of tunes I got are really touchy, Driveability has gone down so I cant control the throttle nearly as much as I'd like to But all in due time
I'm hoping it can be smoothed out with tuning, I sometimes wonder if my pedal is messed up or something..

What kine gears you have?