Power Hungry Performance Forum

Power Hungry Performance Forum (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conversation Pit (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help me dad... (http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2023)

crayon929 Tue, October 20th, 2009 09:08 AM

Help me dad...

I need help with making a page with the forms and a submit button to make it shoot out an email. Do you have any lit I can read or somewhere I can look for help? Also I need a good app to build this site... any suggestions?

Jackpine Tue, October 20th, 2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayon929 (Post 16531)
I need help with making a page with the forms and a submit button to make it shoot out an email. Do you have any lit I can read or somewhere I can look for help? Also I need a good app to build this site... any suggestions?

I almost deleted your thread as "spam", but maybe you are a serious member.

I'm not sure anyone would understand what you're asking - I know I don't. Would you like to be a bit more specific?

- Jack

crayon929 Tue, October 20th, 2009 09:55 AM

Bill (PHP owner) is my dad. He told me this is the best way to talk to him cuz he never answers my calls. So this is directed towards him.

Jackpine Tue, October 20th, 2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayon929 (Post 16535)
Bill (PHP owner) is my dad. He told me this is the best way to talk to him cuz he never answers my calls. So this is directed towards him.

:hehe: :hehe: Well, :doh: (Owner's Son) who would have thunk it? Hope you get a response soon!

- Jack

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, October 20th, 2009 10:07 AM

:howdy: Chris. I'll make sure he sees this.

For anyone else reading this post, the OP is our son Chris. Our oldest at 23. Former U.S. Marine. Father of our granddaughter, Jamie. We've talked about him before, or your may have seen me reference him in my signature at one point. :thumbs up yellow:

Okay, so how bad is that? :eek: Our son has to talk to us on the forum because we never leave our office! :disbelief: (If Wil and Liam start posting messages about "What's for dinner?" on here, it may be time to rethink things. :hehe:)

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, October 20th, 2009 10:09 AM

Jack, it threw me off for a minute, too!

crayon929 Tue, October 20th, 2009 10:09 AM

Thank you Corey... and when's dad gonna come tune my truck? And the whole Jack TPK thing... Jack the Pumpkin King from Nightmare Before Christmas... My fav cartoon character.

Corey Cohron RIP Tue, October 20th, 2009 10:21 AM

Didn't have to tell ME that, Chris! It's totally my favorite, too. While we were at Disney, we bought some new NBC goodies. :woot:

Power Hungry Tue, October 20th, 2009 02:50 PM

There are several apps to build websites from, ranging from inexpensive to "Holy Crap!".

We've used Front Page in the past (Microsoft calls it something else now) and it has worked reasonably well for us. There are other, less expensive applications that may work just fine for you and I'll see what I can dig up.

As for the forums, just go to www.vbulletin.com and check out what they have. In regards to forum software, they are reasonably priced and offer a forum for support and questions.

Start with these and we'll see what else you'll need as we go along.

Love ya.

Dad

88Racing Tue, October 20th, 2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groovy Chick (Post 16538)

(If Wil and Liam start posting messages about "What's for dinner?" on here, it may be time to rethink things. :hehe:)

No the bigger problem will be if they start posting to ask if they can have cookies!

BTW: Chris
Welcome to the forum!

Lars:2thumbs: